BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bowfishing from my 21DC Xpress rigged with a removable deck and removable fan. Trouble is, I am tired of taking it on and off....
Since I am currently in a lay off from the oil field, I have been looking for a project. I was driving around in West Texas where I was building a barn for family and saw a 1648 Ouachita and knew I had my victim!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The above is the rig I have been fishing. The plan is to pull all of this gear off and fit it to the Ouachita in a more permanent fashion and have two boats. I have missed way too many working man tourneys because it was rigged up to shoot fish!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The above pictures are what I picked up to work with. It is 16' long, 48" wide. I bought this boat for a steal! I was able to sell the trailer, troller, battery, charger, seats, etc for enough $ that I was actually $100 in the black on the hull!! It's a nice place to start for sure.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The above two pics are the demo on the nose and the transom. After this was done there is no wood left in the hull. There sure won't be any going back in!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Split her down the middle! It was way more fun knowing worst case I scrap the whole thing and worse case I was ahead in the money...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We tied the boat back together using channel hammered down over the existing channel and welded tight on top and on bottom.
My buddy wanted to learn to weld aluminum and so here he goes in the pic above! He is starting to lay down some decent beads.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tacking in our runners. I went a little bigger than the factory specs to hopefully give the boat a little something to help it turn with the fan and keep it from sliding around corners when under power with the outboard.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts