BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Completed front end. All sheet we came back with to widen the boat was 1/8". The pipe we used as a bumper is 2 1/2" pipe 1/2" thick. I also added a 1/4" plate in the middle to help beef up our double eye pull point.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The above is the inside bracing for the front of the boat. Channel is 1/2" thick. The 1" tube on the outsides is 1/2" wall.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Inside of the transom. The rear sheet of aluminum is 1/4" thick.
All the channel is 1/4" thick as well.
The diagonal 2" square tube is.... 1/4" thick.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is a side shot of the rear of the boat. These welds were done by my buddy on his second day on an aluminum MIG. He just learned to weld steel last month at my shop. I'd say he's picking it up pretty well.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is the trailer I picked up for the new rig. Bought it for $300 with 3 brand new tires and matching rims. So far we have taken off the bunk mounts, removed the lights and wiring, repacked the bearings, and welded on a new hitch. Plan forward is to fit the trailer to the boat and get the trailer completed.
Boat hull is complete. We did drag it to the lake and water test it. We had zero leaks!! I was pretty damn happy since I had the new guy on the welder. I was also thrilled with the draft depth. She's gonna get way skinnier than my bass rig for sure!

More pics to come!!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Looks like a fun project-especially since it was basically free :drunk:

Not sure how big of an outboard you're planning on using, but you might wanna throw some angle all the across the bottom of those ribs. Especially in the back. With only 3 strips of angle on the bottom, and the fact your new ribs are mostly floating above the floor, I could see some issues down the road for ya.

Other than that though she looks good :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The plan is to put an outboard on it later, but only 50-90 hp.
Each stringer has a 6" piece of angle that ties it to the floor. That leaves 10" in the air on either side until it ties back into factory ribbing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I find it hard to believe you got rid of that perfectly good wood transom! I really like the back drop for the boat in that second picture too. Are you going to remove all those rivets and spot weld where they were?

21 - 40 of 174 Posts