BowFishing Country banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yea, that second pic was taken going through the gate into my brother's ranch. I told my buddy we had a project and he asked for a picture and that's where I happened to be.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I had a 1648 Ouachita fan boat. For what they're, which is old and brittle, it worked great. Nice build and confidence! Lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
M Colt, this hull is old, but not brittle. I drilled several holes in it before attacking the project and beat on them to make sure they dented and didn't crack or tear. I also did some sample welding on the hull before I jumped into it. No issues with welding on this hull.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I had the paint crew painting the boat. I just went with rattle can dark green camo so it could be touched up if I knock a hole in the hull and had to patch it. Or add on as I come up with new ideas...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The trailer is also ready to roll. I think it came out really nice! I made the entire thing steel, NO WOOD!! The bunks are 14 gauge so they have some bend topped off with 1/2" poly sheet. The trailer also got new bearings, LEDs all the way around, ratchet style tie downs on the transom, a new winch, and all new wiring.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
All I need now is a few victims to help me flip the boat and get it on the trailer.
Next up will be the deck and light rail followed by the fan in back.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts