BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what everyone has to recommend for a trolling motor. Was looking at the 70 edge 52 inch shaft but after seeing the problems a buddy of mine has had on the same size boat I'm not sure. What do you guys think

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have and 80 riptide which moves mine pretty good, but they are times when I wish I had more. If I did it again I'd get a 112. It's only $100 more. I have the same size boat with a lot of weight in it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ive got an 80 riptide on a 1760 heavy allweld. Runs it just fine. Not worth the extra battery to go to a 101 to me, but if you are after speed maybe. But then again, if you are after speed it would be cheaper to do a kicker setup than buy a new troller and 3 good batteries

·
Registered
235 Posts
I run a 70 maxxum on my 1860 with lights rear deck front deck ETC, It moves it great . Most of the time i run speed 3 no need for 4 or 5 unless you want to fly LOL.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What speeds are you guys getting? I only said 101 because that's what I'd put on my 1870 and my buddie has an 80 on his 1652 and we run that at 100% still slower than we care for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts