BowFishing Country banner

1872 Fan Boat headed to Mississippi

8K views 54 replies 24 participants last post by  Cowboy 
#1 ·
Well this boat is going to ben tharp (Red-Man) and shes turning into a gorgeous boat! specs:

Float Pods
30" sides
8' deck
center console located at front of boat near deck
Fan stand over the outboard leaving room on casting deck (cant wait to see this)
40HP Kohler
1.69:1 reduction
52" 3 blade prop

See less See more
#10 ·
Yes built for a 20" shaft to be used with a jackplate. And the transom goes all the way across the back so the drain plugs in the pods are for the pods only I do believe. I wasnt up there when they put the pods on but im pretty sure thats right.

#12 · (Edited)
This is the boat I want! I'm excited to watch this build progress to completion.:grin:
I'm guessing the trailer axles may need to be moved further back to accommodate the heavier tail of this boat, similar to that of an air boat that keeps most of the weight in the rear. It would probably help the trailer tires last longer, by not scuffing so bad when turning.

#22 ·
WOW thats tuff to beat guys!!! Im looking at new SeaArch prices, It looks like a better deal going custom built!!! Get EXACTLY, what you want and its ready to fish with Custom fan, lights and rail, and pods when it arrives!!!
Shipping i guess would be another issue. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.