BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my motor, it's a 6 cylinder and I'm not getting any spark out of my bottom two cylinders, I don't have a repair manual handy does anyone have any idea or direction for me on what to check next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
power pack went bad. I have a 1982 115 mariner which I have lost two different power packs on in the last couple of years. follow the spark plug wires back and they should be the same power pack.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Sounds like coils, if it were a power pack 3 cylinders would have lost fire
:cf: uh? I thought if you had power packs you don't have coils. seem like you might be right, I think there is only 2 powerpacks on the motor. Merc did away with distributers in 78' been years since ive messed with that stuff. either way its probably electrical and what ever system you have isnt sending spark to the plugs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have spark on 2 on top left and top right just the bottom two which the spark plug wires come from the same module which I'm not sure the technical name for it is? But I'm assuming that part is what gives out the spark and that part is bad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts