BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st Annual Potomac Snakehead Tournament

All information and registration available at www.whackfactoroutdoors.com

The 2011 Potomac Snakehead Tournament is open to anyone with a valid Maryland or Virginia Fishing license. Participants can win cash and prizes for the heaviest fish and overall total weight. Participants can fish, hook and line or bow fishing, beginning September 2, 2011, at 6 p.m. until September 3, 2011, at 12:30 p.m., anywhere on the tidal Potomac in Maryland or Virginia. Cost to enter is $40 online registration by September 1, 2011, or $50 day of the tournament. A percentage of the tournament profits will be donated to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources to help fight invasive species in the Potomac River watershed. The Tournament is presented by Whackfactor Outdoors, LLC, with sponsorship from Profish, Alewife Baltimore, and Flying Dog Brewery.

Official tournament events will take place at Smallwood State Park, 2750 Sweden Point Road, Marbury, MD 20658. All participants are encouraged to attend the pre-tournament conference at 5 p.m. September 2, 2011. Guest speakers will include Joseph W. Love, Ph.D. Tidal Bass Manager, Maryland Department of Natural Resources; and Joshua J. Newhard, Fisheries Biologist, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Chad Wells, Executive Chef, Alewife, Baltimore, MD, will prepareand present a snakehead tasting from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on September 3, 2011. Flying Dog Brewery will be on hand with free ale sampling for participants of age.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
As of this afternoon (8-29-11) the creek the turney is out of is 5-8 foot above normal and looks like coffee, it is usally so clear you can see down 5-8 foot, it should clear up by the weekend.

But it will open up a whole new can of worms with alot of water means the fish will be farther up on the grass matts. It's going to be really hard to not shot all the carp that will be up on that grass mat also.

Home field advantage i guess Marc. This thing could go anyones way....the water levels should even the playing fields.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
As of this afternoon (8-29-11) the creek the turney is out of is 5-8 foot above normal and looks like coffee, it is usally so clear you can see down 5-8 foot, it should clear up by the weekend.

But it will open up a whole new can of worms with alot of water means the fish will be farther up on the grass matts. It's going to be really hard to not shot all the carp that will be up on that grass mat also.

Home field advantage i guess Marc. This thing could go anyones way....the water levels should even the playing fields.
chaptico market is a duck pond! there was a bluebill in the parking lot this mornin..idk why he is here so early

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wouldnt even know were to begin..And no time to scout it out.. Next year i hope to hit some torneys.. I would like to do this one i have to be in pokamoke area sat am...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I wouldnt even know were to begin..And no time to scout it out.. Next year i hope to hit some torneys.. I would like to do this one i have to be in pokamoke area sat am...
com'on marc! im sure you got a nice gps in that boat....thats all you need.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
com'on marc! im sure you got a nice gps in that boat....thats all you need.
hey i have all kinds of gps places marked out, but that was way back when I had a pontoon boat, gps = good pontoon spot, meaning we could fit the 24 footer in that little creek so someone always yelled mark that as a gps!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts