BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old boat is sold and new one is coming in piece by piece.
This will be the 5th bowfishing boat my brother and i have owned. Going to take all the things we liked from past rigs and put it in one. This will be a long protect so please be patient with me.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Looks like a good project but to me it looks like the axles should go forward about 3’-4’ or rear axle now moved in front of the other axle,will definitely be heavy enough.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do some photos show and others are links? Been messing with it for a hr and can't figure it out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a good project but to me it looks like the axles should go forward about 3’-4’ , will definitely have a good amount of weight in the tongue if the trailer.....
Thanks Carp. Our last boat balanced with the same axle placement. Them mud motors are heavy. Hope i don't have to move them but we will see once the boat is built.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking for sugestions on the floor plan. Looking at a 10' deck. "We take lots of young kids". With a center console.

Trying to decide if i should put the steering console up at the deck. It adds strength and is easier to see over the light rail. Or set it all the way to the back which puts the carp tub easier access from the deck.

What is your oppinions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking for sugestions on the floor plan. Looking at a 10' deck. "We take lots of young kids". With a center console.

Trying to decide if i should put the steering console up at the deck. It adds strength and is easier to see over the light rail. Or set it all the way to the back which puts the carp tub easier access from the deck.

What is your oppinions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use to fish from a raised deck. After I did my first flush deck, I personally wouldn't go to anything else. But there is advantages in both. The flush gives me more of what I like. Easier to get on. Makes the boat not as tipsy and just seems safer when kids are involved.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts