BowFishing Country banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did you use acid specifically to get the hydro turf to adhere? Has anyone else tried putting the hydro turf on bare aluminum?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did you use acid specifically to get the hydro turf to adhere? Has anyone else tried putting the hydro turf on bare aluminum?
Everything was scrubbed with a aluminum acid. Then with rubbing alcohol. Its sticking great. Came with 3m adhesive all ready on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a awesome looking build bro. I got a question though, why did you make your light rail so high? Not that it looks dead or anything, just wondering. Only thing I could think of, is that your trying to get the light out further.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
That's a awesome looking build bro. I got a question though, why did you make your light rail so high? Not that it looks dead or anything, just wondering. Only thing I could think of, is that your trying to get the light out further.
We went with 30" sides and a flush deck because thats are preferred hight to shoot.
Went with 14" knee rails because its tall enough to keep you from going for a swim without catching your knee caps.
Lights as tall as we can within those parameters to give better light angle for superior water penitration.

·
Banned
13 Posts
One path toward affordability that has been successfully used by a number of people is to divide the project into manageable segments, each of which is also aimed at separating the project into convenient milestones of achievement. This may involve building the hull oneself, but more commonly it will involve having the hull built to a given stage of completion at a professional yard, then completing the rest oneself

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
One path toward affordability that has been successfully used by a number of people is to divide the project into manageable segments, each of which is also aimed at separating the project into convenient milestones of achievement. This may involve building the hull oneself, but more commonly it will involve having the hull built to a given stage of completion at a professional yard, then completing the rest oneself
dude what are you smoking??

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I went the blood, sweat, and tears method. :) brother and i have over 500 combined hrs on this boat in 10 weeks while working 45hr weeks truck driving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Why use many word when few word do trick?" -Kevin

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
So for the bad news. It's porpiosing right at 30mph. Moved a bunch of weight to the front and it didn't help. Got a few trim options to try still.

For the good news. Boat is a BEAST. Had 6 people on the front deck. 1200lbs and it still does 30mph. "

With 3 people its very snappy. And the chine really helps it turn sharper.

The lights are the best i have used. Lots more light then my 6x 400w hps setup from before.

So i am extremely pleased how it performs. Cain't wait to stick some fall fatties now!

·
Registered
214 Posts
So for the bad news. It's porpiosing right at 30mph. Moved a bunch of weight to the front and it didn't help. Got a few trim options to try still.

For the good news. Boat is a BEAST. Had 6 people on the front deck. 1200lbs and it still does 30mph. "

The lights are the best i have used. Lots more light then my 6x 400w hps setup from before.

So i am extremely pleased how it performs. Cain't wait to stick some fall fatties now!
Maybe I missed it, but what brand of lights are those?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
5 star led. We have 7 200w and 1 50w. They are a 30° beam angle. I was very sceptical going back to led lights but i love these.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

you could try welding two 2x2 1/8" angle on the back corners about 10-12"

61 - 80 of 91 Posts