BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up w/ my buddies this past Wed. evening, I say evening because someone was running late like usual LOL... we headed down the road thru TN, passed thru GA real quick & ended up in AL at a gas station a few know of, Big Daddys... after fueling up we headed to the big G (Guntersville Lake) my & Tim's 1st time ever there... launched the boat & started the slaying... shot all night fighting the wind & full moon but we still managed to end the night w/ (190), not bad for a hillbilly from WV I might say... we mainly dink spotted gar, bowfin & shad bt we did stick a few cats, commons, drum, buffs & sucker... that drive back that morning SUCKED but I was crackin' up at Tim singing Taylor Swift, smokin' a grape Swischer Sweet while drinking a coffee all while falling asleep driving, thats when I started driving LOL

Tim (SMH) & I

Brian (Aquatic Undertaker) & Tim (SMH)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this past Friday evening we met back up but my wife joined us this time & we headed to the chick for a night of big fish slayin'... got to the ramp a little after dark, fired uup he blow boat, flipped the lights on & instantly started stickin' fatty commons that had LOVE in their eyes LOL... shot a few good ones, I stuck one that weighed in at 27.5 lbs, not my biggest but a solid fatty... we moved to another spot & then the rain moved in on us... we waited it out a bit but decided we wasnt killing fish on the bank & were already weight so why not go back at it... we shot the rest of the night in the rain & pulled fatty after fatty... we mainly shot commons, a few good buffs, some cats, gar, shad & some suckers to end the night soaking wet cold to the bone w/ (125) in the boat... we actually had (124) but ol' Tim smoked a little dink gar that got curious near the boat LOL

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a big special thanks to Brian (Aquatic Undertaker) for putting us on some of the best shooting I've been on... this cat knows his stuff & is a hell of a host... a big thanks to Tim (SMH) too, w/o out him tagging a long & helping on fuel this would of been a a more expensive trip & not a entertaining LOL... just messing w/ ya man, thanks man

see y'all next year as this is now an annual trip but I fear the bar is set high LOL

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the big G I used the same Cajun Hornet Lite w/ regular Piranha all night & of course it worked awesome until I screwed up handling a big bowfin & broke it... I switched to a yellow jacket to finish the night

on the chick I shot a yellow jacket w/ long barb piranha w/ a Black Back lighted nock adapter from hotrodderscott & red nockturnal... it worked AWESOME & will look great on film

thanks again to Brian, Tim & all of our great sponsors

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
No problem. Glad to have ya!!! Can't wait to see that footage. Mine turned out great!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had a blast, again. And I couldn't have told you what song was on that morning, I just needed SLEEP. Apparently coffee, monsters, cigars and the radio makes for one hell of a sleepy potion. :D

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good Job guys. Glad it was a good trip. Those dirty commons took a beating. :cheers:
thanks... yeah they took a beating & whipped up on us a lil' too... I think I recall hearing Tim ask Brian if he jsut got tail slammed in the face LOL

I think it was the moon pies I ate... had one on the big G & Chick... dropped a few crumbs fro my homie CB... LOL

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a blast, again. And I couldn't have told you what song was on that morning, I just needed SLEEP. Apparently coffee, monsters, cigars and the radio makes for one hell of a sleepy potion. :D
hahahaha... you was falling fast man & heck Brian was out... "I shot a blue bird"... LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts