BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heavily debating getting anairboat to add to my collection (20k price range). I know that not an ideal price range but I see the older panther's out there with front steer going for that. I currently have a 2070 alweld with front troller.

My question is would you guys rather have 1 boat that does it all, kinda like the new AMS boat... OR have 2 very special purpose boats, 1 open water troller and 1 airboat.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If we had the funds we would have one of each because we cant shoot off of airboats at night in MN but go to the Mississippi often and can use them on the WI side. Our kicker works good but would love an airboat to get into some areas on the river

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have a cousin that dairy farms...... He hasn't pulled a hitch pin in years. There must be two dozen 4020's around there. I wish I could get back the time I've spent hooking and unhooking trailers and implements in my lifetime.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I would recommend two airboats. One to get into trouble, and one to go out and rescue you. There is always a bigger can of worms...

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
if i had the $$$ i would have atleast 3 boats. one for local rivers here, 1 airboat for gator hunting in Florida and a big azz pontoon for the lakes :D

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
i am really intrigued by air boats there are none in my area, i think they would be really good on the tall grass in middle of the season i guess a fan would do the same

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am really intrigued by air boats there are none in my area, i think they would be really good on the tall grass in middle of the season i guess a fan would do the same
Same, there aren't any by me and a lot of the river flats get weed choked. I think a rig like the AMS boat would be a 1 stop shop for nearly all bowfishing needs. No id doesn't run dry, but that doesn't matter for me.

Doest Beaver have a rig like the AMS boat? I heard his rig wins a chit ton of tourneys.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I am in middle of SC, lol got gas money?

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Same, there aren't any by me and a lot of the river flats get weed choked. I think a rig like the AMS boat would be a 1 stop shop for nearly all bowfishing needs. No id doesn't run dry, but that doesn't matter for me.

Doest Beaver have a rig like the AMS boat? I heard his rig wins a chit ton of tourneys.
Beavers old boat was true airboat but that thing was a tank. Didn't rub dry but that didn't seem to stop him from whooping us. Not sure on how hes doing his new one but imagine itll be close to the same,

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I am in middle of SC, lol got gas money?
YEP , now if we could get crafty to tell us his secret spot we would know where to go ....

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
yeah don't think you're strong enough to take off your motor( 5 horse long tail) and carry your boat (14ft) down to the electric only part of the lake you will hurt the next day:headbang:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts