BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
2011 Illinois Bowfishers events and shows.

Jan 28-30th, Illinois Fish and Feather Expo in Bloomington, IL.
illinoisfishandfeather.com
We'll be running the kid's archery booth again.

March 5-6, Elmwood All Outdoors Show in Elmwood, IL
elmwoodalloutdoors.com
We'll be running the kid's archery booth again. :)

March 25-27, Illinois Deer and Turkey Classic. This is the big show. New location in Peoria, IL. deerinfo.com/illinoishome.asp
We'll have a booth and be running the kid's archery booth again.

April 16-17th, Billy Davis Memorial Tournament on Rend Lake. 7pm Saturday to 7am Sunday. Numbers tournament. Meet and launch from Sailboat Harbor.
(separate walking tournament will take place below the spillway)

April 30th, Carlyle Classic and Illinois Youth Bowfishing Championship on Lake Carlyle. Two separate tournys run on the same day. Daytime shoots. More details coming.

June 4th -5th, Illinois Bowfishers State Championship on Lake Shelbyville. Wolf Creek Ramp. More details coming soon.

June 11th, Two Rivers Family Fishing Fair at Pere Marquette State Park in Grafton, IL. Help teach kids to shoot at battery powered fish during the day and if the river isn't flooded we'll go look for real fish in the afternoon.
greatriverroad.com/cities/grafton/fishFair.htm

More to come!

Other events you might be interested in:

July 30th, Wounded Warrior Project - Southern Iowa Carpfest
illinoisbowfishers.com/images/c/11/wwcf.jpg

MABO Championship. August 5th. Ohio River.
Detail coming.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like another busy year.
Even though the fish and feather is behind us, (Thanks to Deerpredator) there's a bunch of events left.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Looks like another busy year.
Even though the fish and feather is behind us, (Thanks to Deerpredator) there's a bunch of events left.
Hey it was a joint effort..... Thanks to you and C for taking the lead on all of this stuff over the years!...

Oh yea... Welcome back to BFC too :tu:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys new to the site but been stackin um up with the bow for a while. Seen you were from central IL you fish shelby and carlyle alot. Started seeing a few more bowfishers last year on carlyle. You guys fish most of these tourneys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Having fun with all that snow i hope. lol ken i bet that old plastic knee is feeling the winter

·
Registered
77 Posts
... Seen you were from central IL you fish shelby and carlyle alot. Started seeing a few more bowfishers last year on carlyle. You guys fish most of these tourneys.
Yep we're there quite a bit. Have you fished the Carlyle classic?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Having fun with all that snow i hope. lol ken i bet that old plastic knee is feeling the winter
Umm... It's titanium and plastic thank you...LOL... And the bad part is I have to have it REDONE AGAIN... That is happening in April :tap:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did not get a chance to fish that yet. I used to work on the road alot and now i changed jobs. I will be at carlyle, rend and shelby quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
finally a post on here... All i can do is read the ones on the other site cause it dont let me post on any of them..Hoping to make it to more than two tourns this year and gonna actually get around to signing up and send some papers in to

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
let me know if anyone is ever around shelby and looking for another shooter im always trying to get out...i got a boat it aint the best but it gets just as bloody as any other

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
let me know if anyone is ever around shelby and looking for another shooter im always trying to get out...i got a boat it aint the best but it gets just as bloody as any other
I plan on hitting Shelbyville as soon as the ice gets off.. I want to stock up on some gar in the freezer..... It doesn't get any better than cold water gar!!! :tu:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
never actualy went b4 april b4...but if ur boat isnt full let me know id be glad to meet u and throw in on gas if im available (have a baby sitter)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i tell u tho that 1st shotgun weekend there were co many carp all over the coves i could not believe it and all i had was my mini maglight trolling up in the cove

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
Looking forward to the Billy Davis Shoot! Again, it is on the DRBA schedule for us to travel over!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Looking forward to the Billy Davis Shoot! Again, it is on the DRBA schedule for us to travel over!
Yes sir... that is one of the better ones here in Illinois.... Unfortunately I will have to miss that one this year..... I have to get my knee replaced AGAIN on April 5th.... I will spring back before the State shoot on June 4th - 5th.... I don't care if I have to bring my Morphine with me and a nurse...I will be there for that one... :tu:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pike, I'm from Danville, IL but I often get down to Shelbyville and am often looking for another shooter on my boat so as the season goes on, I'll send you a note.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Pike, I'm from Danville, IL but I often get down to Shelbyville and am often looking for another shooter on my boat so as the season goes on, I'll send you a note.
awesome i love to stick some fish and meet some new people so just let me know

1 - 20 of 30 Posts