1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd annual Lake Erie Bowfishing Get Together and Fun shoot
May 20th-May 22nd
East Harbor State Park​

This shoot is all about learning, having fun, and visiting old friends. For those of you who have shot Lake Erie you know the potential that awaits you. For those who haven’t then prepare to be spoiled. Without a doubt Erie offers the best consistent big fish action and numbers that Ohio has to offer. This time of yr you can fish the bays and tribs in a small boat and do as well as those in large boats. We are going to be camping at East harbor State Park. We normally stay near campsite A179 and B129 so we can all park our boats in the boat trailer parking and charge batteries if needed. Campsites can be split between groups so please contact me and I can pair your group with another to save campsite costs.
-We will either have a fish fry Sat. afternoon. Redfish and Gator Gar
-Fish disposal will be provided.
-You will be able to fish whenever and wherever you want. This is not a tournament.
-This is a great shoot to bring your kids too. They will shoot fish here.

For additional info contact Jake Kerstetter at 937-604-6715 or email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got it marked on the calendar. A few pics from last year.

·
Registered
446 Posts
More pics.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
It's a great time and some unbelievable fishing! As long as the weather is decent, you WILL shoot fish! Big ones too-you could fill a boat up with 20-30lb commons if the weather is decent.

I'm gonna be too busy shooting fish, but there is also some awesome rod/reel fishing to be had up there as well. Sandusky Bay has the best channel cat action I've ever seen; I've had days where I couldn't keep 2 rods in the water.

Not to mention Cedar Point amusement park is 30mins from where we camp, if anyone wanted to bring the family and make it a long weekend :)

Just an all around fun time with a bunch of great people!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got the time off and will be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The food is good too... Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. that's about it........well not really, but there is Redfish, Gator Gar and aything else Jake can find to throw in the fryer!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooo I loooove shrimp! :grin:
I guess Jason is bringing shrimp then...
I am hearing from a few new guys that plan on coming to this shoot. I think its gonna be a record turnout.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are good to go on the fish disposal. Trying to get the whole weekend off but well see. At least I will either be able to shoot the day or the night and work the opposite. The boat will be done this week so it will be cool to bring that up for all to see as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
One of these years I'll make it down, if it wasn't for the GLBC I'd be coming this year..

·
Registered
725 Posts
CANT WAIT!! we'll be down slammin walleyes and smallmouth rod fishing early and stickin carp in the afternoon. First time up there but it sounds like an awesome time!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Won't be long now. If ya know you are coming for sure let me know so I can try and get a head count for the fish fry on Sat afternoon.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The BIG fish are slowly starting to move in...

Spent a few days on the big pond early this week, and I got two commons at 33lbs, one buffy at 31lbs, a few buffs in the low 20's, and a bunch of mid to upper 20lb carp. After moving around I found some spots where I could have filled the boat with carp and buffs.

It should be on FIRE over the next few weeks. No real spawning activity yet-most were just staging/cruising in the shallows. Should be a really good shoot this year!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The BIG fish are slowly starting to move in...

Spent a few days on the big pond early this week, and I got two commons at 33lbs, one buffy at 31lbs, a few buffs in the low 20's, and a bunch of mid to upper 20lb carp. After moving around I found some spots where I could have filled the boat with carp and buffs.

It should be on FIRE over the next few weeks. No real spawning activity yet-most were just staging/cruising in the shallows. Should be a really good shoot this year!
I hope it's good, our water has been crap all year so far!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same here. We have got out a few times but I haven't been out in 3 wks or so. Between trying to turk hunt and get the house ready to sell and getting ready to move 2.5 hrs away its taking up some time. Throw in 10" of rain in a month and it ain't worth it. I know we should have a dozen groups at least...I think we are gonna have a few newbees show up to so hopefully we can get them out and get em addicted.
I know I am ready to get out and shoot Erie...I have shot quite a few places and Erie ranks near the top for numbers and average size...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Me and one of my bowfishing buddys were just talking about the Erie trip last night, we are ready for some Erie fun!

Might try and run the boat this weekend to make sure shes ready.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only a week away....Oughta hit it just about perfect...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts