BowFishing Country banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I want to see this on Up here in Michigan on Saginaw bay during the spawn in May with a total weight format it i bet it would take at LEAST a few thousand pounds to win it

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dates have to be either the 3rd or 4th weekend in July as voted on at the BAA Spring Meeting this year.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, only 1 bid has been submitted for 2017 Worlds. If you wish to get your bid in please do so ASAP, all bids have to be submitted by Aug. 15. (no bids for Lafitte have been submitted yet)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I wouldn't mind it being in Louisiana, but if its in the intercoastal waters its going to be somebody with a airboat that wins. So much water that can only be accessed by airboat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
we have been to almost the worlds since they started but since we can't get any info guess we won't be there. I don't know why someone can't post any info on here.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What can you all not get to work? Can you not get logged in or will it now allow you to vote? Please let me know and I can get it worked out.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are so many websites that come and go it is difficult for us to post on every website. To make it much simpler we try and keep all of our info posted on OUR websites and social media. www.bowfishingassociation.com, our members site www.baamembers.com and our facebook page. If we could get everyone to use OUR sites then it would all be centrally located and much easier. Our member site has discussion forums, polling forums, member directory and a whole lot more if we can get people to actually use it. I encourage all of you to check it out and start a discussion in the forum. once again www.baamembers.com. If you have any problems logging in let me know - [email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
It don't look like this site is going anywhere and it is a site that everyone i know goes to. I started bowfishing about 30 years ago and it was phone calls and word of mouth then this site came along and life was good noe i have to search allover to find info.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Respectfully, I have to disagree with you. This site is a ghost town. I have posted numerous things for the BAA on this site and have had NOONE comment on them. I made a post about officer nominations and not one person from this site offered a nomination or even a response to the post. I used to get on here on a daily basis and there would be pages of new posts. Now its 5-10 posts every couple of days and its the same people....and I'm one of them! Nothing against this site, it was great at one time, everything is going to social media and/or direct websites. We try and provide you with a website that you can go to directly and get all of the info you need and also a place to interact with other members and no one uses it. It is very clear that the majority of conversations, information and event planning is done on social media, whether we like it or not. We have to adapt in order to keep up with where our membership is going to interact and facebook is the location where the majority of our members converge. I know a lot of people, esp. the long time members of this site, do not want to go on facebook and I understand that. I will try and post as much stuff on here as I can, but if you have an inquiry about something please visit our webpage www.bowfishingassociation.com and if you are a member www.baamembers.com to interact with other members, view our calendar, start discussions and a lot more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts