BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a yamaha 70hp 4 stroke on a 20x60 aluminum? if so what kind of proformance are you getting?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well no answer in 20 days.so what size outboard do ya'll have.i'm trying to get around 25-30 mph

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had a 70 Yamaha 2 stroke on the old 2060 mod V. It came out of the hole decent and ran about 27 max with 2 guys in perfect conditions. With 100 gallons of fish it would take forever to get on plane if it ever was able to get on plane. Any more than that and we trolled back to the access. I personally would never put anything less than max rating on a boat. Especially a bowfishing boat where you know you will be adding all sorts of weight and then putting over 1000 pounds of fish in it. Ratings are so low on most boats that I would recommend going over if you hang the motor your self or hire someone else to do it after hours.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have a 115 on my old fiberglass 18ft boat. One guy and a 100 gallon tub of fish it pushes 33.

If I had a 20x60 I wouldnt get anything less than a 90. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies.what i have is a 20x60 custom build 3/16 bottom and stern 1/8 sides 4 degree bottom.after seeing all the beautiful bowfishing boats on here i put a generator rack across the back and 1-1/2 tubing light rail across the front and down each side about 6 feet. 36v trolling motor 3 battery's to run it.40 hp honda was alright before i added all that weight did get 24mph now i down to 16mph.all i do is flounder gig with it and inshore saltwater fish my take up bowfishing alligator gar one day. thanks again!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yeah for sure would get something bigger. 90 minimum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts