BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 21' pontoon to set up for bowfishing and wondering how a 80 lb troller would push it? or would a 101 lb be necessary?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Got an 82 on mine with a converter, works real good, havent had a complaint yet.

·
Registered
553 Posts
this is one them situations lol where bigger is better a 40lb would pull it alright lol but the eighty would be better n the 101 be even better like said though if ya get the bigger one now ya wont want for a little bit anyway lol if that eighty dont pull it good youll be wantin the 101

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Unless if you know were a heck of a deal is on a 101 troller, I would run a kicker motor on it instead. You probaly could set up a nice kicker cheaper than a 101. Considering if your gonna put converters on your troller and all of that. Just a thought

·
Registered
72 Posts
We used an 80lb troller it did good. We kept it on a converter so we didn't fiddle with dead batteries all the time. We did burn up the troller boards about twice a year. Not really the fault of the troller, but rather that we used it at full speed most of the time and we also dragged the pontoon boat over and through a lot of difficult stuff.

We now use a 28 hp fan on the pontoon boat. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys, will probly go with the 80 lb becaude of price

·
Registered
317 Posts
i had a 74# on my old heavy deck boat and once it got goin it cruised. i did fry my board once last year too! i put that thing through hell and back though since i didnt have a outboard that would ever run! im guessin 80 is plenty.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had a 20ft pontoon and my 80# did great actually had to slow it down when going straight. But it did not want to steer to good. I also ran a convertor which did great. mine was a 24v. The toon is like haveing 2 big knives in the water. Good luck we shot lots of fish on ours

1 - 13 of 13 Posts