BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions on a 24 hour trailer tournament? I'm thinking a big 40 or 50? How big of an entry fee would you pay with 100% payback? This 18 hour tourny we did last weekend was about the most fun I've had tournament fishing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Theres been talk about doing a 25 hour tournament up here and I think itd be a big 100. I think it'd be a lot of fun but I would definitely be tired after that one. Entrance fee had been talked around 150

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did a $250 entry fee with the 18 hour tournament. I know there will be plenty that disagree, but the entry fee is a drop in the bucket for me. I'd just assume pay $500 and have a chance to come out ahead. How do you all feel about bigger entry fees with more ways to win a check, like big common, big grassie, big silver, etc, and possibly a side pot for biggest 5 fish stringer?

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
We did a $250 entry fee with the 18 hour tournament. I know there will be plenty that disagree, but the entry fee is a drop in the bucket for me. I'd just assume pay $500 and have a chance to come out ahead. How do you all feel about bigger entry fees with more ways to win a check, like big common, big grassie, big silver, etc, and possibly a side pot for biggest 5 fish stringer?
More ways or chances to win is always a good thing.....

What time frame you looking, meeting and tourney check in at like 12 noon or 2pm, then have time to trailer to where want to fish at night, then weigh in at same time following day?? Then could trailer 5-6 hrs each way easily if want to...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More ways or chances to win is always a good thing.....

What time frame you looking, meeting and tourney check in at like 12 noon or 2pm, then have time to trailer to where want to fish at night, then weigh in at same time following day?? Then could trailer 5-6 hrs each way easily if want to...
That's what I'm thinking Garp. Somewhere in the Noon-3:00 range. We drove 6 hours each way last weekend for the 18 hour tourney. One more hour and we woulda won it. 4 shooters(drivers) would have helped too!

·
Registered
807 Posts
We have one each year, its a grind but it's fun. The format is all about catering to the people, so its Big 10, Big 5, and Big fish for payouts. It allows day and night shooters to shine, as well as not overloading small boats.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
That's a problem for me since I don't have a big enough boat to take enough people to split up the entry fee to make it reasonable but I like the idea of the possibility of a high payout

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
That's a problem for me since I don't have a big enough boat to take enough people to split up the entry fee to make it reasonable but I like the idea of the possibility of a high payout
How far can you tow the boat with the bike with the 24hr format ????

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
See what ya do is ya put the boat in the water the day before and you haul your fish with with a carp cart :D
Don't you have a jeep for the chipmunk ???? Love that pic with kayak behind the bike though, way to cool :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Don't you have a jeep for the chipmunk ???? Love that pic with kayak behind the bike though, way to cool :D
With all that went on this summer I didn't get to take my road test but I will in the next couple weeks I've got a pic with my paddle board hooked up to my bike with my bow and a couple carp on it from about a month ago

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
They have their ups and downs. Pros is you have more time to put something together to find fish if conditions are bad. Which has been the issue with all 24 hr shoots I've been in, go figure. The cons is you'll spend a good amount of time of grinding trying to upgrade, after long hrs you fatigue. You have to plan ahead for food, fuel and whether to rest or not.. Strategy from my experience that even in a long shoot, usually only half of it is ideal conditions depending on what your target species is. I haven't been but a format with separate weigh ins like the carp out was sounds like a great weigh to keep things shaken up and fun..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Like Chance said BAM used to do one on the Saginaw Bay. Tourney would run from like 8AM-4PM and then a mandatory weigh in from 4PM-8PM and then go back out and shoot 8PM-8AM. Winners shot close to a thousand fish one year.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I say make check in around 9-10am. That'll give the daytime guys plenty of hours to shoot on day one, and give the nighttime guys plenty of time to reach their destination and catch a nap. Plus it gets guys on the road at a decent time on Sunday. To get participation up, you have to attract those day shooters too.

Like I mentioned on my text, I'd keep the entry fee around $200-250/boat. You and I could afford a $500 fee, but a lot of guys won't be able to swing it. It'll scare off more guys than it would attract IMO. Do 100% payback minus fish disposal, and limit the big fish side pots to 2-3max. Maybe biggest overall, and biggest carp and buff?

Trailer anywhere, make it big 20 or 30, with maybe a prize for say $200 for a totally random drawing at weigh in. That'll keep guys coming back to weigh in who may not have had a good night. Put every team name in a hat who is present at weigh in, draw one out-they win $200.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts