BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new two years ago and used only a hand full of times due to upgrading to a 36v trolling motor. Also included is two 10ft sections of 4 gauge marine wire to run to the batteries. Will sell for $150 plus shipping. You can pm me or text/call at 6015739091

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I must be bad at searching the forum but I do have a question about converters. I am running a 24v 80lb thrust trolling motor and wanting to buy a converter to run my trolling motor. What kind of converter will I need and will my 2000w champion be enough to run it? thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
I must be bad at searching the forum but I do have a question about converters. I am running a 24v 80lb thrust trolling motor and wanting to buy a converter to run my trolling motor. What kind of converter will I need and will my 2000w champion be enough to run it? thanks.
Depends on how much power you also need to run the lights if running them off the gennie also

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess I should add that I also run 8 50w LEDs along with the converters on my 2000w champion and runs it all fine as long as I start out with batteries already charged

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
I guess I should add that I also run 8 50w LEDs along with the converters on my 2000w champion and runs it all fine as long as I start out with batteries already charged
If you start with batteries charged and depending how you run the troller and start on the gennie from the get go, and get thru that first 15 minute boost mode, you will be pushing the gennie but may be all right with (2) pm55 or (1) of the newer 24v converters

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Is there any reason a 2000w genny wouldnt be able to handle 700w worth of lights??!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would say u would definitely have to plug in ur converters first until they idol down from start up then plug ur lights in. Otherwise it'll prolly trip ur genny

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks... I run 6 100w and 2 50w. I am going to try to see if my 2000w Champion will handle that much.
Wired 24v i assume?

I run a 70lb troller and 10 50 watt lights(all 24v) on my 2400 watt yamaha. I use 2 pm3-75s and as long as i get through the boost mode on the convertors before running it all then i dont have an issue. You might be pushing it on a 2000 watt genny.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know... I may just have to breakdown and buy another genny cuz these batteries dying on me 4 hours into it is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone know what would happen if I ran a 50 amp 24v 4-stage converter straight to my 80lb thrust trolling motor... I know some people use this converter to run a 80lb thrust troller off batteries but I was wondering what would happen if I directly too my troller????

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Anyone know what would happen if I ran a 50 amp 24v 4-stage converter straight to my 80lb thrust trolling motor... I know some people use this converter to run a 80lb thrust troller off batteries but I was wondering what would happen if I directly too my troller????

Possibly burn up the troller, you want to run thru batteries as a buffer to protect the trolling motor....but if stay on converter from the start you can downsize and with a much smaller/lighter batterie setup but still want to buffer them thru batteries

1 - 20 of 20 Posts