BowFishing Country banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
See if you can help me out. I have a Maxxum 74lbs troller and am running 14 27W LED's. Right now i have 4 batteries 2 24v setups. Can i get rid of 2 batteries and put everything on 2? Will this 24v 40amp handle this? What is the smallest genny i need?
1000w max if you max them out, but you wont with that setup. you really could probably get by with 2 55's.
Ok so what's the price for 2 12v 55's to 78254? I think a little 1000w suitcase superquiet is the ticket.
You guys need to put down the crackpipe for a minute.lol MinnKota spec's the 74# @ 45 amps @ 24 volts max. Add 13-14 amps for lights and you've exceeded the rated capacity of 55's. They will work since they will actually go to about 60 amps but [2] 75's would be much easier on the converters. A Yamaha 2400 would be a much better choice of gennys for this set-up.

You guys need to put down the crackpipe for a minute.lol MinnKota spec's the 74# @ 45 amps @ 24 volts max. Add 13-14 amps for lights and you've exceeded the rated capacity of 55's. They will work since they will actually go to about 60 amps but [2] 75's would be much easier on the converters. A Yamaha 2400 would be a much better choice of gennys for this set-up.
Pm incoming OBG

I got a bunch more LED that that and a bigger troller. The 55s will "power" your set up just fine.
The question needing asked is, Are you trying to come home with 100% full batteries?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I got a bunch more LED that that and a bigger troller. The 55s will "power" your set up just fine.
The question needing asked is, Are you trying to come home with 100% full batteries?
kind of defeats the purpose if you dont keep your batteries at or very close to 100% IMO

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Why? not tryin to be a wiseguy, just curious. Why run heavy deep cycles then?
Heres my thinking: Lets say hypothetically that someone is running a 70lb troller and 6 50w LED's. That troller will pull somewhere in the 45amp range at WOT. The lights will pull ~14amps at 24v. So now your at 59amps if im not ra tard this morning. So your already maxing out your 55amp converters and have no room to grow, no option to upgrade to an 80lb troller etc.

Now move to a 75 amp converter and you have some room to grow. You can upgrade to an 80lb troller, add more lights, etc. and still keep your batteries hot over a full night of fishing.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.