BowFishing Country banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
I can get some but the 40amp wont power any trolling motor the way we need it to.
The 40 amp 24 volt converters will work fine for the guys with 65 and 70 lb trollers.

There is a 50 amp 24 volt converter under load on my bench as we speak. Looks to be very well made and so far is performing flawlessly. Not sure if the production model will have them or not but this converter has two cooling fans and indicator lights. :tu:

Put the 50 amp 24 volt Powermax along with a 74# Riptide on the boat this afternoon and gave it a test run. Ran the piss out of it for about 5 hours. Converter worked perfect and both batteries were at 12.6 volts when I got home. :tu:

Currently I'm running a 70lb troller and 12 - 27w LED lights all on battery. The lights are actually 6- 27W, 12V LED's and 6- 27W, 120V LED's I power off an inverter. This is just what I have at the moment and I intend to phase out the 120v lights and replace them with 12v.

If I were to add a small generator/ charger to the mix just to keep the batteries topped off, what would be the best way to go about it in my case? The lights are rated to 30v. Could I run the entire system off one 24v battery bank or should I separate the troller and lights?

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Currently I'm running a 70lb troller and 12 - 27w LED lights all on battery. The lights are actually 6- 27W, 12V LED's and 6- 27W, 120V LED's I power off an inverter. This is just what I have at the moment and I intend to phase out the 120v lights and replace them with 12v.

If I were to add a small generator/ charger to the mix just to keep the batteries topped off, what would be the best way to go about it in my case? The lights are rated to 30v. Could I run the entire system off one 24v battery bank or should I separate the troller and lights?
You could run the entire system off of one battery bank but it will take more than a small generator/charger to power it. Your troller alone with require about 1600 watts of AC power from your generator, + what ever light setup you want. Feel free to PM me or email me and i can help you figure out whats best for you and get you the converter for it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.