BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 11 50-watt viugreum LEDS along with a 1000 watt sportsman inverter genny. I am 100% new to bow fishing, and was wondering on how yall would recommend to wire it? I have read around here and other areas and seem to be getting many different opinions. Series vs parallel (main reason for parallel is incase one light goes out not to loose all), wire gauge size, switches or not, had multiple say generator was too small, and should use a battery instead. I have everything set up built and mounted I just need help and what to do for wiring and if this set up will even work.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You can't wire these lights to a battery so hooking up wire in a series or parallel is out of the question. I would just daisy chain each light to each other using junction boxes and spare drop chord (16 gauge will work). You have 550 watts of lights so 1000 watt genny should be able to handle the load in my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the electrician that said he would suggest running these lights as a parallel and back to generator was mistaken? Just asking cause I surely do not know. And I was considering paying him to rig it lol. I would rather do it myself to better understand my rig incase something went wrong.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have viugreum lights as well. I took the lens cover off and removed the existing wires from the circuit board. I then soldered on longer cables to run to my junction box. It is pretty easy to do as long as you have a steady hand. I will warn to be careful with the ground screw as I had two lights where the threads on the housing stripped out and I had to connect to a different spot.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
i assume these lights are 12/24 dc or are they 110/120 ac ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response guys! I have a game plan will post for pics if I get a break in the weather to work on them. Stay safe out there!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
The Viugreums are 110 AC
I ran my HPS to a breaker box with each having its own fuse so it was all in one place you could do the same with these then.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The way I set mine up, I made my light rail out of emt conduit which I bent to match the railing of my boat.
light rail2.jpg
I then mounted my lights to my rail and fed the 6' power cables through the conduit.

I used 6 pin connectors inside a waterproof electrical box with an outdoor switch. I have a cable with a plug coming out of the box to plug into a short extension cable that goes to my generator.

Here is what it looks like finished.

light rail.jpg

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

Here is mine scroll to bottom of page 1 and you will see my wiring job

·
Registered
227 Posts
You did a beautiful job with your wiring and setup. I don't have a deck, and my light rails just clip on by a couple of hand clamps. I would love to have a more designated carp/duck boat.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
you could just bump the flooring up enough to put what you need under it like a false floor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts