BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a boat with 50W SeeLites on them. For those who have them, Do you like them? How is the reliability or life expectancy? This boat is a 16' mod V with 8 of them on it. Will that give me good light? Lastly, we fish clear-ish to mod stained water. Do any of you put the yellow film? Do you feel it significantly improves the penetration? If so, can you post a link to it?
Thanks!

PS. I understand that HPS may be better but for this post that is not the question. I would like to hear the pros and cons to the seelites :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have mine going on 4years have had good luck with them. Have had one chip go out so far which between all the tournaments and literally thousands of miles trailering and chasing silvers around. Watt for watt I believe there the best light out there. Put it like this my buddy has 150hps and 50w seelites I've only seen him turn on the hps one time this year.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Have mine going on 4years have had good luck with them. Have had one chip go out so far which between all the tournaments and literally thousands of miles trailering and chasing silvers around. Watt for watt I believe there the best light out there. Put it like this my buddy has 150hps and 50w seelites I've only seen him turn on the hps one time this year.
Should of turned them on last weekend Mr..........:laugh::D:laugh::D:laugh::D:pop:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they penetrate the water well for you? Do you have the yellow film on them?
Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have been using them for almost three years and have been very happy with them. I don't think there is any one light that works well in all water conditions but I do like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts