BowFishing Country banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Is a real nice deer but this one didn't look that "non typical" but looked like a decent main frame 9pt to me.....

This to me is non typical, one we are chasing....

Most recent pic... 11/23
Nature Wildlife Deer Natural environment Tree

Some more

Darkness

Organism Adaptation Deer Terrestrial animal Wildlife

In velvet in late August
Deer Wildlife Terrestrial animal Woodland Nature reserve

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some real nice deer but this one didn't look that "non typical" but looked like a decent main frame 9pt to me.....

This to me is non typical, one we are chasing....

That's a real nice buck! But lets not ever mistake trailcam pictures as the equivalent of quality daylight video of a mature whitetail buck. Than when you can string them video collections of bucks together in several years, you've accomplished something!

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
This one as a button buck 2014

Dalmatian Non-Sporting Group Snout Sky Canidae
He was a spike last year

My Brother in Law shot this buck this past Saturday as a 2 1/2 y.o 8pt, we have a lot of hunting pressure and been seen off property we can hunt and others have seen him also and is on a lot of people's hit list, lucky made it to this age

Deer hunting Deer Reindeer Trophy hunting Hunting

But is cool watching bucks grow up and mature

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Nice deer but in no way would I call that deer non typical. One more thing do you not hunt?

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Our big one at 2 1/2 y.o
Leg Hand Radiography Photography Radiology

Think this him last year as 3 1/2
Darkness Space Black-and-white

And this year that morphed into...
Arm Leg Black-and-white Hand Photography

And pics of this one this year that appears to be brother or son of the big one, definitely has same gene characteristics .....
Joint Hand Leg

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
This should help. A typical buck has a rack that grows in a vertical fashion with points facing the sky. Any time a point shoots out to the side or down, that's a non-typical. It's really meant to describe "normal" antler growth compared to "abnormal".

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice deer but in no way would I call that deer non typical. One more thing do you not hunt?
When I named him he was Non Typical. He had a drop tine in velvet his second year and double brows. Even as a 1.5 year old buck you could see he was all stickered up ... hence "Non Typ"

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This should help. A typical buck has a rack that grows in a vertical fashion with points facing the sky. Any time a point shoots out to the side or down, that's a non-typical. It's really meant to describe "normal" antler growth compared to "abnormal".
lmao!!! Are YOU going teach me about deer? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!! All YOU or anyone has to do is look at my youtube channels and you WILL KNOW that I am indeed a deer expert!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man I just can't get over how naive people are. I AM GOING TO SCHOOL YOU SO WE NEVER HAVE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!!!!

1. When you name something when do you name it? Most often at the beginning! GO BACK AND LOOK WHAT "Non Typ" looked like when he was 1.5 years old.

2. Than go back and see what he looked like when he was 2.5. Double brows and a DROP TINE that broke off when he was in velvet.

3. LOOK at that AWESOME collection of HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS of BIG Whitetail Bucks - and YOU really think you have to teach me what a Non Typical deer is? LMAO!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Yup you do have good videos that you is for sure, what state or region of the US is most of your video filmed ?????

IMO "non typ" was best at 4 1/2-5 1/2 but then looked like had lost the double brow tines..and looked downhill slightly from previous years,still a solid deer non the less. Was that deer ever killed or just filmed ???? Curious as to if ever got scored....

But my issue even local or on our own farm we hunt is trying to gauge a basic 8-10 pt frame as to being the same deer in an 8-10pt frame the following year just slightly bigger or older, unless there is some distinct traits carried forward like the double brow tines that disappeared, or repeat drop tines, forked G2's or no question on our white buck(LoL) etc.....shape and main tines he kept the same with 9 pt frame 5 Rt and 4 left thru all years though....

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
lmao!!! Are YOU going teach me about deer? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!! All YOU or anyone has to do is look at my youtube channels and you WILL KNOW that I am indeed a deer expert!!!
Umm I was showing others the definition of a non typical was. As i agreed with you. I was actually on your side. Go take a nap and get up on the other side of the bed and see if you wake up any happier:td:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.