BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I hit a log and broke the shaft, it cracked from about mid shaft all the way to the collar that it screws into. I've tried heating it and strap wrenches, pipe wrench, channel locks, and everything I could think of. Problem is the shaft at the collar is about to break if I keep trying, I'm out of ideas. Any help in what I need to do now would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
yea disassemble wires and all the guts. cut it off above the neck and drill out with a 1/8 or 3/16 bit all the way around. stay away from the metal neck. the threads are only 1/16" deep. after going all the way around you should be able to hammer out a tiny section in between your drill holes. once you knock a few out the rest should pull out easy. take a small wire brush and clean the threads. when you install the new shaft use blue loc-tight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it out and been cleaning threads for an hour. I think it's good. Thanks for the help. Shaft should be in tomorrow, should I use red or blue loc tight if seen both suggested.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a little bit of moisture got in but through the shaft when it broke. It split all the way to the motor. I had to use it to get out of where we were, I he'd it up out of the water best I could though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it all back together, when I pulled the "guts" out I noticed a couple of issues. The factory lead connectors were both broke and the connections were very loose. Also the brushes were really dirty and where they touch the armature was also very dirty. I cleaned it all up with wire brushes and made new leads which I had to do anyway because I got a longer shaft. Used it Saturday night and it ran great. In fact at full speed it was pulling my boat 3-3.1 and Saturday night it was 3.4-3.9. I guess dirty brushes and loose connections was hurting power a bit. Anyway thanks for the help, I felt like a little kid watching his friends play through the window when it was broke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts