BowFishing Country banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was doing service work today at local Chick Fil A and was back in kitchen and had to go out the front to get something out of the work truck, there was a State Trooper at counter ordering and told the girl behind the counter that I "got it" and paid for his meal and the look and expression was worth every $$$, in today's environment where the men in Blue are made to feel like the "Bad Guys" a simple jesture goes a long ways, he was very appreciative and shook his hand for his service. When finished the mgr also got us free food so was a good Karma day all around. Would encourage any of you to do the same if are at gas station,store,rest....etc and a trooper getting coffee,soda or a meal, just a simple act like that means a lot to those that sacrifice to protect us....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Good work Garp. I'd hate to have to deal with the crap they deal with every day. We should never miss an opportunity to pick up the check for police and firefighters, as well as veterans. If you see an old man with a WW2 or Korean Veteran hat, sit down and have a chat with him before you buy his meal. I promise you will make his day.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good job garp. Just so everybody knows all chick fil a restaurants give on duty fire,ems,and police half off everyday so support chick fil a all that you can also

·
Registered
236 Posts
My dad is on the fallen firefighter list. I have paid for so many things for men in uniform since he passed. It's always good to support them for all they do. You can't imagine the stuff they go through most of the time. One time I ended up buying root beer floats for a whole station. I don't think they even got to enjoy them because they got a call on their way out the door. Either way I'll never regret paying it forward.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Where's the "like" button??? Good on you!

·
Registered
941 Posts
well done sir :tu::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My sister and niece made a goodie basket and wrote a nice letter and delivered it to their police department after the Dallas shooting. More important than ever than ever we need to show our police force support and appreciation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts