BowFishing Country banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since im running a generator now i figure i might as well get something better to listen to then the yamaha. Ive never set a boat stereo up before and dont need anything real fancy, but want something easy to use and will hold up.

I found this https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-MGR350B-MECH-LESS-Audio-Streaming/dp/B00VV6Y7O2/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1465841896&sr=1-7&keywords=marine+stereo and was wondering if anyone had used something similar? I was also thinking of just mounting 2 speaker in my center consul facing forward, thoughts?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I used the JBL version of the unit you are looking at and love it. Mount 2 speakers in the center console and you are good to go.

IMG_1106.JPG

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I almost went with this unit but then found a Boss unit that came with two 6.5 speakers and the housing that the deck goes in for less then that stereo and speakers... I really didn't have room in my dash for the round stereo but had room under my console so I made a shelf and wired it up... I put my speakers in my transom face towards the deck and the sound is great for listening over the genny... its not a bumping system but is plenty loud...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Any of you have issues picking up stations when running lights? I've got a marine stereo/cd/Bluetooth and 4 Infiniti speakers with antenna but when the yammys and lights are running I can't just listen to the stereo.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I put a bosch 360 jobsite radio on my boat and I love it. I can run it off of the 18v lithium drill battery or generator. Its great because I can run it all night and not worry about draining the battery. Also it can easily be carried off onto the beach for camping, tailgating or whatever you want to do. Also the thing sounds way better than any cheap boat stereo that I have ever heard. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Any of you have issues picking up stations when running lights? I've got a marine stereo/cd/Bluetooth and 4 Infiniti speakers with antenna but when the yammys and lights are running I can't just listen to the stereo.
I do as far as listening to the Radio stations... MP3 or bluetooth is fine...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I put a bosch 360 jobsite radio on my boat and I love it. I can run it off of the 18v lithium drill battery or generator. Its great because I can run it all night and not worry about draining the battery. Also it can easily be carried off onto the beach for camping, tailgating or whatever you want to do. Also the thing sounds way better than any cheap boat stereo that I have ever heard. I highly recommend it.
I had the same system before I put a cheap marine stereo and my new stereo does a better job... could be because the boat stereo is very directional... but it sure nice that its tucked out of the way and not on the floor or taking up usable space on the boat... but don't get me wrong I love my bosch box... I use the crap out of it in the shop... love that it charges the batteries and has outlets...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rockford pMX 2 for head unit, four Rockford 8-inch speakers, Rockford power series t400-2 amp. Sounds good enough to hear over my motor running down river

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have the JBL version and works great, mounted my amp under the console and use 4-8" wakeboard speakers mounted to my video deck along with a 10" Sub tube and sounds great! Love having some tunes on the boat, makes the night go much nicer, especially when scouting or very slow. And 1 thing we have definitely noticed, carp love hip hop music for some reason! :)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that... its crazy... but they do prefer 90's gangster vs what is being put out today...:D
Oh yeah Tone Loc station on Pandora is fish in the boat!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
beastie boys radio on pandora is a fish killin station too :laugh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
beastie boys radio on pandora is a fish killin station too :laugh:
They are pretty fond of the bluegrass music around these parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts