BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I have a question I'm sure all of you can help me out with. My team and I shoot quite a bit and after a lot of wear and tear our knocks either pop off or break. This includes the ones that come pre fabbed on muzzy arrows as well as the one's we add on ourselves. Any tips to keep these damn things from breakin all the time? Also what glue's or apoxy's would you recommend to make em really stick? We've tried marine apoxy, crazy glue you name it but a lot of times after letting the arrows dry for 24 hours you can yank off the knocks with just a little bit of pressure.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Cheap as you can find, liquid (not gel), fast dry, super glue. The kind I have just says "Super Glue" in white writing on a black metal tube.
I've had no luck with the Loctite brand or any of the epoxies. I have some fletch tite, but haven't tried it yet.
Definitely rough up both surfaces and wipe them down with alcohol to clean after. That will help.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
take you pocket knife, scrap the taper all the way around, wipe it clean, with alcohol or at least a clean rag. Cheap super glue all around. I let it puddle and drip just a little into the knock. The slip on knock, twist it around and align. Then I set it knock up, wedged between the bench and the shelf above. Not exactly necessary, but I don't like them to push up any.

·
Registered
717 Posts
For my nocks I use gorilla sure glue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts