BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe used to have videos a person could reference on how to set timing and take care of other issues with Oneida bows. Did they get moved or taken down? I can't seem to find them now.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Good luck finding an answer. Its a ghost town around here. Only one user admin and I'm not even sure how often he gets on here. When was the last time you were on here Shaw?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put myself on an American Eagle waiting list a few years ago. At this point I'm hoping one doesn't just show up at my house with a bill.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Around 5 months ago.
I'm not sure when the phot bucket thing happened as I never used photo bucket but if you cant find them they are probably gone. Are you on facebook?

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are some still on YouTube.
Under : AmericanEagleBows
I seem to remember some that were maybe more current production but I cant find those anymore and don't know who put them up

·
Registered
138 Posts
They use to be on his sponsor forum. I just looked and don’t see them.
Talk about a weird business. When joe created the “waiting list” he was real secretive about it, like he wouldn’t tell you how many people were ahead of you or give you a ball park on how much it would cost, no timeline. You know, reasonable questions someone would have when they were buying a high dollar item. Members on here were super reasonable with him though and waited really long times to buy his stuff. Not sure if his operation ever really got off the ground. Seemed like he built one at a time for a handful of people. Dude knew his stuff about lever bows though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Your right bigbend, it as a really weird deal. I was almost afraid I was applying for some sort of cult when I had him put my name on this mysterious "list". Clearly I did not make the cut because I never heard anything back after I provided the details about what I wanted built.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Your right bigbend, it as a really weird deal. I was almost afraid I was applying for some sort of cult when I had him put my name on this mysterious "list". Clearly I did not make the cut because I never heard anything back after I provided the details about what I wanted built.
He is in bad health and can’t produce the bows to meet the demand. He is still doing what he can it’s just very very slow. You guys gotta think how fast that list grew and it was a one man operation. I too am on that list for 2 bows for 7 years. But you can’t expect much out of someone with serious health issues. Hopefully he will fully recover and get back to building some high quality bows and get the “list” taken care of.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
He is in bad health and can’t produce the bows to meet the demand. He is still doing what he can it’s just very very slow. You guys gotta think how fast that list grew and it was a one man operation. I too am on that list for 2 bows for 7 years. But you can’t expect much out of someone with serious health issues. Hopefully he will fully recover and get back to building some high quality bows and get the “list” taken care of.
What he needs to do is find an apprentice. Someone he can trust to take over the business at his standards and nothing less. And hopefully that person(s) can continue the American Eagle line of bows in ways that Joe never could by himself.

In my opinion I think it would be awesome if he could sell his patents to the Greenwell brothers and have them produce the bow for him. They sure know what they are doing

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear he's in bad health. If I remember correctly his biggest obstacle was getting parts from the machinists, it wasn't a total "in-house" operation. A business being vertically tiered to where they can produce everything in-house is almost unheard of these days, or for that matter in the past few decades. Even the largest manufacturers don't produce everything for themselves.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
when I visited him some 7-8 years ago all the machine work was done in house, and i think the limbs is what was outsourced ... i think he told me what held him up the most was fixing /making parts for other lever bows .... I have been in contact with him (he is a wealth of knowledge) and he has slowly started back on things, he has some things coming up that I am not at liberty to speak on. once he gets somethings ironed out hopefully he will be a topic of conversation again....

ps. he will not just send you a bow and a bill its all custom made so he will contact you and ask specific questions about what you want before he makes it .... if you no longer want his bow just email him and tell him to remove your name

Reactions: SoDakSlayer
1 - 13 of 13 Posts