BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the page, have scoured the past posts and am having trouble finding some info. Looking to get a new bow, have been using a AMS Fish Hawk of my brothers and want to go double cam for the adjustability. Mostly fish in Michigan but go down to Texas a few times a year and would love to tackle alligator gar as well. I'm a lefty and looking for some first hand input on AMS Swampit v Cajun Sucker Punch or similar.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
I've never handled a swampit, but have a sucker punch and fish hawk. The SP is by far and wide a far superior bow than the FH. Smooth draw and hits hard. IMO, the SP is the best mid price range bow on the market.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Love my sucker punch. Personally from the bows ive shot its my favorite behind an osprey which being in college I can not afford!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Sucker Punch is way more bow for the money, just don't put that Cajun reel/not a reel thing on it. Stick with an AMS or a spinner and you be good to go. I shoot an Osprey and a Sucker Punch, and I like them both.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
sucker punch with muzzy spinner is my back up

·
Registered
21 Posts
very true indeed....Bought one at cabelas and within the 5th shot or so it jacked up. Took it back the next day and bought Shakespere spinner, been using it ever since

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kraken87, I had nearly the same question(s) about a month ago. New to the site and bowfishing. After a long look I went with the Sucker Punch, Muzzy reel and snapshot rest. I love the entire package. My son has the AMS and they are very nice, but I do believe the muzzy is faster. I looked all over and found the best price at Williams Outdoors, He, (Brad I believe) was great to work with, Very friendly and helpful! Shipped FAST I highly recommend! Good Luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any input on the Cajun hybrid reel?
This subject causes much butthurt on the forum, it takes some getting used to but it does work. I had a problem with knots at first but I took some of the line out and the knots disappeared, it works great about 90% of the time , my AMS works perfect 100% but is way slower to reel in and harder to fight fish with. I still prefer retrievers to spinners and I can shoot either, arrow flight is a lil straighter with a spinner though. Try em all and shoot what feels best to you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi all,

New to the page, have scoured the past posts and am having trouble finding some info. Looking to get a new bow, have been using a AMS Fish Hawk of my brothers and want to go double cam for the adjustability. Mostly fish in Michigan but go down to Texas a few times a year and would love to tackle alligator gar as well. I'm a lefty and looking for some first hand input on AMS Swampit v Cajun Sucker Punch or similar.

Thanks in advance!
Where are you located in Michigan?

·
Registered
211 Posts
So fill me in on the SP. I have a PSE and its 30lb max. I would like something a little stronger. 35-40. Will the SP go this low? I have a spare PSE so this will be for me only. I assume I can set this up for a 31" draw with a 60% let off? If so, can I still snap shoot?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So fill me in on the SP. I have a PSE and its 30lb max. I would like something a little stronger. 35-40. Will the SP go this low? I have a spare PSE so this will be for me only. I assume I can set this up for a 31" draw with a 60% let off? If so, can I still snap shoot?
I just got the 2016 Sucker Punch about 2 months ago. I am new to bowfishing and this was my first bow, but, So far it has been great. It has a 50lb max on it but can be let down significantly. You can go with the constant draw or the let-off cams on it. After looking everywhere I found Williams Outdoors out of MO to have the best price. (I have the muzzy with it) He treated me great, and communicated very well. So far I am a big fan.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Hybrid reel is trash regardless of what you do to it, i tried everything, shorter line, new line, ams line, got best results with ams line but still not worth it switched to spinner no issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts