BowFishing Country banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the page, have scoured the past posts and am having trouble finding some info. Looking to get a new bow, have been using a AMS Fish Hawk of my brothers and want to go double cam for the adjustability. Mostly fish in Michigan but go down to Texas a few times a year and would love to tackle alligator gar as well. I'm a lefty and looking for some first hand input on AMS Swampit v Cajun Sucker Punch or similar.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
I've never handled a swampit, but have a sucker punch and fish hawk. The SP is by far and wide a far superior bow than the FH. Smooth draw and hits hard. IMO, the SP is the best mid price range bow on the market.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Sucker Punch is way more bow for the money, just don't put that Cajun reel/not a reel thing on it. Stick with an AMS or a spinner and you be good to go. I shoot an Osprey and a Sucker Punch, and I like them both.

·
Registered
978 Posts
sucker punch with muzzy spinner is my back up

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kraken87, I had nearly the same question(s) about a month ago. New to the site and bowfishing. After a long look I went with the Sucker Punch, Muzzy reel and snapshot rest. I love the entire package. My son has the AMS and they are very nice, but I do believe the muzzy is faster. I looked all over and found the best price at Williams Outdoors, He, (Brad I believe) was great to work with, Very friendly and helpful! Shipped FAST I highly recommend! Good Luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any input on the Cajun hybrid reel?
This subject causes much butthurt on the forum, it takes some getting used to but it does work. I had a problem with knots at first but I took some of the line out and the knots disappeared, it works great about 90% of the time , my AMS works perfect 100% but is way slower to reel in and harder to fight fish with. I still prefer retrievers to spinners and I can shoot either, arrow flight is a lil straighter with a spinner though. Try em all and shoot what feels best to you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all,

New to the page, have scoured the past posts and am having trouble finding some info. Looking to get a new bow, have been using a AMS Fish Hawk of my brothers and want to go double cam for the adjustability. Mostly fish in Michigan but go down to Texas a few times a year and would love to tackle alligator gar as well. I'm a lefty and looking for some first hand input on AMS Swampit v Cajun Sucker Punch or similar.

Thanks in advance!
Where are you located in Michigan?

·
Registered
212 Posts
So fill me in on the SP. I have a PSE and its 30lb max. I would like something a little stronger. 35-40. Will the SP go this low? I have a spare PSE so this will be for me only. I assume I can set this up for a 31" draw with a 60% let off? If so, can I still snap shoot?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So fill me in on the SP. I have a PSE and its 30lb max. I would like something a little stronger. 35-40. Will the SP go this low? I have a spare PSE so this will be for me only. I assume I can set this up for a 31" draw with a 60% let off? If so, can I still snap shoot?
I just got the 2016 Sucker Punch about 2 months ago. I am new to bowfishing and this was my first bow, but, So far it has been great. It has a 50lb max on it but can be let down significantly. You can go with the constant draw or the let-off cams on it. After looking everywhere I found Williams Outdoors out of MO to have the best price. (I have the muzzy with it) He treated me great, and communicated very well. So far I am a big fan.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hybrid reel is trash regardless of what you do to it, i tried everything, shorter line, new line, ams line, got best results with ams line but still not worth it switched to spinner no issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.