BowFishing Country banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i'm building my boat for bow-fishing/gigging. I'm making a removable light rail and want to run LED's if possible. I see the seelites and 400w hps are popular but i really think its overkill for what i need. I'll be in the gulf flats of north Florida in about 18" of clear water. I'd like to have a setup with 2 batteries in parallel. The batteries will only power lights. 27w, 50w, light bars? Whats the options? Also I'll have a generator on board for back-up only. I really don't want to run it if i have to. But if i do how to i figure how much converter i need? We're talking a max of 6 hours run time on the batteries. I've looked at the 12" 36w light bars on amazon. A 4 pack for $40 i believe is what it was. Or the 4" cubes that are 48w for $50 you get 8 of them. I literally have no idea which is best and I don't mind spending the money up front for quality $200-$400 range. I just don't want to drain batteries with big lights that I dont really need for gigging mullet and sheep head 6' in front of my boat. TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm over here in south mississippi done tried them small led light bars some up to 90 watts. to me they was a waste of money.if you want to go cheap get 4 300-500 watt halogen and run a generator.are do like i did and went with 4-6 250-400 watt hps's. you probably can get by with 2 400 HPS'S and be done with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts