BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flat top AR I'm getting a 5-27x56 Nightforce scope my question is what hight rings should I go with I would think extra high if I'm correct? I also wanna get flip up scope covers in my looking I find extra high, then extreme high I don't think I need that one. But was wondering what everybody thought which one I should go with.

Thanks Tommy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would go with a scope mount not rings. A Larue LT-120 will do the job perfectly. There are also other great mounts made by Spur, Bobro, or ADM. JMO

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would go with a scope mount not rings. A Larue LT-120 will do the job perfectly. There are also other great mounts made by Spur, Bobro, or ADM. JMO
I did some looking found a website that's is nothing but Nightforce I'm gonna give them a call and get a solid 1 piece scope mount

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I bet when done he'll be able to pluck a man off a buffalo at 1,000yds
You don't mess with a guy on a buffalo didn't you see what happened to that guy that shot at him and he was a hell of a lot closer than 1000yrds :laugh: I was just curious I do a little long range myself and have been looking to move up to a 300 win cause I've about maxed out my 308

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't mess with a guy on a buffalo didn't you see what happened to that guy that shot at him and he was a hell of a lot closer than 1000yrds :laugh: I was just curious I do a little long range myself and have been looking to move up to a 300 win cause I've about maxed out my 308

Well I hope to shoot it this month and get it sighted in and let you know how it does I have shot it without a scope recoil shooting a 200 grain bullet has less recoil than my 243 winchester

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
$5000 rifle and $2000 in scope..... some serious steel shooting there. Nice setup.

Cool setup.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nice rifle! Great scope choice. Not sure about 1000yd accuracy on an Ar platform but who knows. I'm a savage bolt guy myself. 308palma and 338lapua. Nightforce all the way!! Glwb.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice rifle! Great scope choice. Not sure about 1000yd accuracy on an Ar platform but who knows. I'm a savage bolt guy myself. 308palma and 338lapua. Nightforce all the way!! Glwb.
I think it will be pretty accurate. I found a guy that bought one at the time he only shot it out to 500 yards and said was shooting a 6" steel plate like a chip shot. I shot it just in the dirt bank without a scope just itching to shoot it. I ended up having to send the rifle back for warranty and have the chamber re polished. When shooting it the bolt was grabby and short stroking and not picking up a round. They were class A people to work with there where kinda like calling Joe at AE you talk to the maker, gunsmiths and the guys in the video. But I think this rifle is gonna be a shooter

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I like your style my savage ftr is a hell of a gun been thinking about moving up to the 110ba in a 300

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Very nice choice man. Best optics made!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts