BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - saw the Ryobi RYi2000 2000w inverter over at home depot for around $600. Anyone have an experience with this, reviews etc? Seems about the same in capability to the honda but cheaper.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
Hello all - saw the Ryobi RYi2000 2000w inverter over at home depot for around $600. Anyone have an experience with this, reviews etc? Seems about the same in capability to the honda but cheaper.
Chit, for $300 difference i would go with the Honda.

·
Registered
644 Posts
seen these the other day and was wondering the same thing, and yall make 300 dollars seem like chump change

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
seen these the other day and was wondering the same thing, and yall make 300 dollars seem like chump change
$300 isn't chump change but why lay out 2X that much on a brand that normally is known for poor quality/entry level items at best? If the Ryobi was $150 it might possibly be worth the gamble but $600--never.

G

·
$300 isn't chump change but why lay out 2X that much on a brand that normally is known for poor quality/entry level items at best? If the Ryobi was $150 it might possibly be worth the gamble but $600--never.
agreed, their tools and power equipment are pretty much disposable equipment, so I would not expect anymore than that from a generator they put their name on...

Do it right the first time and save your money in the long run...

No 300 is not chump change, But...

say you spend 600 on that Ryobi, then in a year or so (after the warranty is used up) it chits the bed on you. Then you have to buy something else. Another 600 dolla generator? a $900? something (chances are you will do it right the second time), but you still are $600 in the hole for taking a gamble and loseing...

SO in the long run, yea $300 is chump change...

·
Registered
644 Posts
i own ryobi products that ive never had any problem with at all so i think the brand is a good brand, not the best but no problems with them, and whos to say that honda wont fall apart, everything breaks, but before i spend 900-1000 on a honda ill just buy another champion

G

·
I have had plenty of problems with Ryobi products. They are fine for every now and then use, but if you try and use one on a regular basis and it wont last like the good stuff.

Your lights and what you use to power your lights is the #1 most important thing on a bowfishing rig if you ask me. Why would you want to take a chance just to save a few bucks? I would rater spend the extra bills on a product that has a very positive track record for dependability and is very easy to get parts for... Just my opinion.

I fought it for years and once made claims like the above posted, but after running my Honda for a few trips I ate them words. Been the best 1800 I have ever spent twards bowfishing...

·
Registered
644 Posts
i understand where your coming from, my problem is i have 6 400w hps so im gonna have to go with two instead of just one or the eu3000 and thats when the money difference gets large, and i also look at it as just because you spend more money doesnt mean its any better, i mean hell my champion has run like a charm for two years and still starts first pull everytime. i guess everyone has there opinion, kinda like the onieda thing, ive shot them and still like my hydrostike and discovery better than them but some people swear by them.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
i own ryobi products that ive never had any problem with at all so i think the brand is a good brand, not the best but no problems with them, and whos to say that honda wont fall apart, everything breaks, but before i spend 900-1000 on a honda ill just buy another champion
Your Champion won't run [6] 400's?

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
See the question mark?

Just asking---I was under the impression you were changing gennys.
oh ok i read it wrong it does just fine, eventually i would like to go inverter, so that i can use it while camping and at the house if need be without the extra noise that the champion puts out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I dont have any experience with this particular piece of equipment but I do have experience with Ryobi and personally everything I have that is ryobi sucks!!!! I will never buy another RYOBI ANYTHING ever again. Their weadeaters suck...lasted about 1 year before I started having problems with it. Threw it in the trash after it was 3 years old. Bought a ryobi rechargable tool set because I got it mostly free and it lasted about 2 years but the batteries are terrible. My old used dewalt was 10 times better and it was 3 years older. So with this said they broke me on Ryobi...will never buy another one!

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the Generac 2000w inverter is about $600 from Tractor Supply.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
I dont have any experience with this particular piece of equipment but I do have experience with Ryobi and personally everything I have that is ryobi sucks!!!! I will never buy another RYOBI ANYTHING ever again. Their weadeaters suck...lasted about 1 year before I started having problems with it. Threw it in the trash after it was 3 years old. Bought a ryobi rechargable tool set because I got it mostly free and it lasted about 2 years but the batteries are terrible. My old used dewalt was 10 times better and it was 3 years older. So with this said they broke me on Ryobi...will never buy another one!
That has been my experience with Ryobi also.

·
Aimlow
983 Posts
That has been my experience with Ryobi also.
Interesting. I've only had one item of theirs, a 14v portable drill. Bought it when we started our house. That drill lasted thru the entire build, driving about half of every drywall screw in the house and all the deck screws on the full length front porch and the back deck along with whatever else you can think of that a drill would have been used for during a build. 14 years later it still works like a champ.

Not trying to say one way or another, cause that one tool is my extent of knowledge on the brand. I guess I got lucky...or 14 years ago quality was better. Probably the latter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts