BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a marshrat boat, which is kind of a cross between a kayak and a layout boat. I have a trolling motor on it and want to use it to bowfish some. Does anybody use anything like this?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I do just got to learn to balance yourself when you stand up I've tiped 6 times I could put on stableisers but I think it is cheating if you do

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not worried about tippin, I've stood up and shot a shotgun out of it before. Do y'all mainly go during the day?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You wouldn't catch me in somethin that small lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm not worried about tippin, I've stood up and shot a shotgun out of it before. Do y'all mainly go during the day?
ya since my canoe is only rated for 700 lbs if i could find a generator small enough then i might could run lights you could put a deck in the middle of it and shoot from there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is a nice one Captain jack I like it need to feagure out a way to make something like that work on my canoe because it dont have a flat back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you fab. that all yourself, or is it store bought? Thats a pretty kick ass looking set up. I would love to rig something like that up. Have an old colman 16" that i can experiment with. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can put you in touch with the guy that makes the flotes and platform, there disigned for all canoes and small flat bottom boats. we had alot of fun with this setup , very stabel

www.nielsensoutriggercompany.com ,tell him i sent ya, you'll see my scanoe in his website. good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ive shot out of an inflatable rubber canoe before, That was quite the challenge. Its also really hard to take a gar off your arrow when its teeth can sink your boat!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts