BowFishing Country banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 14 foot boat. The front is 54" and the beam is 70" seems like it would be stable enough to shoot off of with two guys.
Anyone have experience with one?
Yup that seems very wide but I see the pics.
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
The funky Chipmunk was a 1448 and it fished 2 people very well. Don't over load it and fish on. I ran mine with 450 lbs of people ... 300 lbs of fish and all our gear numerous nights ... with a 25 hp on the back it would get up and scoot ... 22-26 mph all day every day.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The funky Chipmunk was a 1448 and it fished 2 people very well. Don't over load it and fish on. I ran mine with 450 lbs of people ... 300 lbs of fish and all our gear numerous nights ... with a 25 hp on the back it would get up and scoot ... 22-26 mph all day every day.
that is very true that boat with a 40 gallon barrel full of fish and quite a few on the floor and 3 deep cycle batteries will still get up and go pretty good
with about 30 gallons of fish again 3 deep cycle batteries and 2 people going into a pretty strong wind I got a gps speed of 24mph

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I fish 3 all the time out of my 1451, that's my max though. more comfortable with 2 of course. The 25 gets it on plane if someone is sitting on the deck. I like it, I normally can get in the tight spots where no one would dare go. One day I'll get something bigger, but if your starting out, a 14' will do fine.

·
Registered
730 Posts
1448 is a great boat for fishing 2 or 3 guys. I loved my old 1448. We would shoot 2 in the front and a 3rd would stand behind us.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have a 1436 and I use it for creeks and what have you. It has a flush deck on it and it works fairly well. It's not as stable as a 1448 but works in a pinch. You just need to watch your balance or you can go swimming.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I had a 1436 first. 2 shooters on the front flush deck and one on the rear seat by the motor was pretty stable as long as no one did something stupid.:laugh:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have shot fish out of canoes and kayaks. Sometimes I got a lot damp but it was fun. That being said, I have also gone in the water while bank fishing. Just enjoy the sport and be safe!!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
The small boat shuffle is a blast you should try it some time ( caution getting wet is possible )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts