BowFishing Country banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious if anyone is shooting one of new Mission Hype DT as their fishing bow?? Was at local bow shop 2 weeks ago and had opportunity to shoot it several times and I like it better than any other Mission bow I've shot, period!

Adjustable from 13-70lb draw weight and 19-30 inch draw length without need for bow press. Owner of this bow shop in particular claims he sells more of these mission Hype's than Mathews or any other brand he's dealer for.

I've been shooting a mission Menace for about 4yrs now and still use it all the time but it's time for new bow and have pretty much made my mind up. The same day I was testing the Hype DT I also shot one of new Mathews Halon. Don't get me wrong, the Halon is a damn good feeling/shooting bow, just not anywhere even close to my available budget. I'd really like to hear first hand from someone using this setup if possible. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
My buddy and his kid shooting Mission Craze's and loves them. But haven't seen the Hype

·
Registered
93 Posts
We shoot the Riot, Which is the model before the hype. The cams on the hype make it hit a little harder and the grip fits better now. We also have a couple crazes as well. The hype and hype DT are the same bow, and pretty much just a craze 2 with a bigger riser.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I liked the Menace better than my Craze, my wife has a Riot although she has not shot it yet. My issue with the Craze compared to the Menace was the way the riser jutted out causing to the reel to be set out so far from my hand and it also made the balance front end heavy. Not sure if Hype would be the same but it looks that way maybe. Might ask bow shop if you could mount reel and see if you like it.

Hype DT includes string stop, weighs 2/10 more of a pound, costs $40 more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts