BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set my boat up with push pull steering and im running a 40hp Kohler with a 56in IVO prop and it hard to steer?
How do I get it to steer easier??????

·
Registered
424 Posts
Trust me, had it one night after i bought the boat and cut it all out......

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This! Fan Steering.JPG

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nope not at all that is the cable to the steering stick so my hand stays on stick with throttle n I always know where fan is by stick position n just run actuator with my thumb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same problem and mark talked me into an actuator. Its the best money I ever spent. I unhooked my steering though. Thanks again mark.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
How long did it take you to remember to let the actuator just work without "helping"?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Not very long but sometimes on those long nights when your really tired and not paying attention you will try to "force" the fan to turn without pushing the actuator button and as you know that just don't work!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I actually got my Werner Linear Actuator off E-bay but they are available at several sources. For the 60t idler sprocket I am running 6in travel is all you can really use, if you have a larger diameter sprocket you could use more travel. They come in even lengths typically. My actuator has a clutch in it so it will overload and slip on the clutch when you reach the limits of travel or if the fan is stuck on something(tree, limb, body) so it will not burn up the unit. Mine has about a 400# load limit and about 250# at working load and turns my fan just as easy at full throttle as it does at idle.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yep that's the one I use! Mine is the K2 VL G10-12V-BR-06

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
We have 3 boats in my area running these,no problems. I use a 12" and rack and pinion style gearing. It will turn 540 degrees and is plenty fast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use a Werner linear actuator too it works great I just got a actuator for my throttle too it works great I can drive my fan with a joystick now

·
Registered
430 Posts
Same settup with a 40 hp Kohler and a 56" fan. Run the same actuator (only 500# unit). Works great, even in strong wind. Fan stays where you put it until you move it with the switch.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I use a Werner linear actuator too it works great I just got a actuator for my throttle too it works great I can drive my fan with a joystick now
Not to get off topic but I was thinking about this the other day. Do you have pics and specs?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts