BowFishing Country banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you have a bigger fan your arm will get tired. Mark's setup has both if his actuator breaks he can unhook it and use the steering cable manually. It's nice to have as a back up and helps let you know where the fan is pointed.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If you have a bigger fan your arm will get tired. Mark's setup has both if his actuator breaks he can unhook it and use the steering cable manually. It's nice to have as a back up and helps let you know where the fan is pointed.
This! Anything electrical can stop working at any time so it's always nice to have a back up cuz with an actuator only system, if the actuator quits you are done! I always keep extra switches and relays on the boat but kinda impractical to carry an extra actuator around. With my setup, my actuator is mounted on machined pins held on with simple hitch type pins, it it quits working I just pull 2 pins and drop the actuator off and I'm back to manually running the stick again but still fishing.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
yea i got all that and i understand how and why you like your set-up. i imagine your cable travels about 8" to get 360* from your fan. how much stick do you have above and below the fullcrum? and how much effort does it take without the actuator? i understand there isnt much effort to push buttons. im trying to figure out a good stick ratio and how much throw you have on your stick.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
589 Posts
It shouldn't as long as your fan charges the battery. With a 40hp engine they should have at least a 20 amp charging system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have steering where the handle turns rather than push pull. I don't see any reason I cannot add an actuator, I will just have to add a different sprocket assembly, I think. Is the third sprocket in the pic just keeping the chain tight? Any ideas or thought on why I cannot add this to a turning system? Also, on the actuators for throttle use, what size are you guys using for those?

Thank you,

Josh.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts