BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a shakespeare 50# recurve. Not much experience with bows.
My friends tried it and noticed it was kicking left bad, so I replaced the bear hair rest.
That helped a little but its still kicking left. Used my other arrow and it was the same exact thing.

I have AMS Retriever Pro kit. Those white arrows that come with it.

Are these arrows too big for my bow? I shot some regular carbon arrows at a target and it seemed dead on.

What can I do?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The fletching on the carbon is probably buffering the deflection a bit so you don't notice it as much. Try an epoxy rest and you can make sure it's coming straight out.

bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?4654-Removable-epoxy-rest-**PICS**

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To clarify, the arrow TIP is kicking left, I can see the nock go right. THAT epoxy rest looks awesome I think I'm gonna try it, since I have some quiksteel laying around.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Look at the knock that you are using you need a 5/16 skinny knock some of the older arrows still have the fat ones on them and the side of the knock will hit the rest and make the arrow kick

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know with my hunting bow sometimes if my grip on my left hand is too tight when I was first learning how to shoot it would cause the arrows to fishtail some. Also got a bad batch of arrows once which did the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts