BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the post title says, I took a kid bowfishing with me the other night and his arrows were consistently planing up towards the surface. I tried looking through some of the bow tuning threads, but apparently I ain' smart enough to figure that out. I am positive someone on here knows what to do. He is shooting a genesis and the regular white fiberglass shafts. He set the bow up himself, so I probably should have looked over his rest/nock position, but didn't.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have you made sure your tip is set up and down when on the string? We were having similar issues with this and just made sure when we had our arrows built that they put the tip 180 out of the nock...hope this helps!

·
String Twister
3,691 Posts
Just like the post title says, I took a kid bowfishing with me the other night and his arrows were consistently planing up towards the surface. I tried looking through some of the bow tuning threads, but apparently I ain' smart enough to figure that out. I am positive someone on here knows what to do. He is shooting a genesis and the regular white fiberglass shafts. He set the bow up himself, so I probably should have looked over his rest/nock position, but didn't.
That would be a good place to start. :tu:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Those cams used on that bow are horrible with nock travel issues and gets worse with varying draw lengths so the arrow has got to sit very nock high on the bow, like about 3/4in nock high, it looks wierd but it bareshaft tunes perfect that way. I imagine his nock point is set way too low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts