BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crew last night pulled out of 5 too many redfish/sheepshead last night using chaos arrows from AMS. Was wondering if there were better choices out there. The one guy using the 3 barb innerloc didn't pull once. Has anyone used the innerloc gripper?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I shoot the Ams ankor points. They make a shaft twist and a point twist version. There are tons of good points on the market, and everyone has their own personal favorites. Rpm makes a system where you can switch between several different points on the same ferrule for different fish/situations. Might give that a shot and see which point style works best for your bows/fish/style.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the site. There are more choices for points than some care to try. I'm currently loving everything there is about the RPM NOS point. The expanding barbs seem to hold anything I connect with. Make sure your point is sharp though. What you don't stick into will not hold just on the point. Not for very long at least

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have about 20 RPM mini fathoms that I haven't used yet. I didn't get the safety slides with them. My brother was telling me I could just tie a knot in the hole where the stopper would go instead since I have an osprey but I have no clue if that's true or not

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have about 20 RPM mini fathoms that I haven't used yet. I didn't get the safety slides with them. My brother was telling me I could just tie a knot in the hole where the stopper would go instead since I have an osprey but I have no clue if that's true or not
Only do that if you shoot with a spinner!! Don't do it with an ams

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Do the folding barbs impact much better than the ones that do not fold?
I cannot tell a difference in penetration on folding and non-folding although I do know that the DS3 holds very very well on a partial penetration when you don't get a full pass through. Most often you cannot shake the fish off in the barrel, you must push tip on through and unscrew. This is my go to tip for tournaments when money is on the line and I for sure don't want to lose a fish.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there much of an advantage to use heavier arrows or lighter and do they have different patterns going through the water?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the DS3 sturdy too? Because we shoot into a lot of oyster beds. And is there anywhere you can buy slides in bulk for cheaper?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
we build our own now after Froghunter gave me the idea only way to get rid of them is loose them!!:D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Shot placement. Shoot whatever tip you want but if you shoot a red in the belly and then try and winch him in, he's gonna pull off. I've shot thousands in the Marsh from gator gar to mullet and needlefish to bull reds, all with a plain ole muzzy point.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Shot placement. Shoot whatever tip you want but if you shoot a red in the belly and then try and winch him in, he's gonna pull off. I've shot thousands in the Marsh from gator gar to mullet and needlefish to bull reds, all with a plain ole muzzy point.
LOL, Im lucky to hit them much less choose where i hit them, I am hoping to improve, I can shoot a Coyote in the eye at 200 but i have been doing that for a while , Only been shooting fish for a short while.Mostly i suck at bowfishing right now .:D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Lol you'll get there. Focus on shooting em in the face, you'll either miss completely or miss and hit em high in the back which is another great place to be. Aim small miss small...plus, the less reds the kayak boys catch with holes in em, the better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts