BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI those that fish in Texas -

If you run LED strip lights inside or out on your boat it is now illegal, I got stopped by the game warden last night and got a warning for it. he said its a new rule they are starting to enforce, you can run them when your fishing but thats it, not while underway. Carry on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
he basically said any light beside the nav lights are illegal while underway
It has actually been that way for a while. It was/is not legal to run with your bowfishing lights on. I am not certain on this, but do believe a handheld spotlight is ok.

Bisch

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
That's interesting.....
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if that means my green/red nav lights that are LED strips are illegal? :cf:
The strip lights are not coast guard approved lights. Doubt they would bother you if they are bright enough bUT they could

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
seems like a odd rule... so any light other than your nav light...! what about dash lights for your gauges... what about the light on your GPS/Fishfinder... I find it hard to believe that you can not have interior lights on... I get running lights that will interfere with your nav lights... I would like to see how that law is written... piss on that give me the ticket...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sorry that happened to you, but I would have had him show me where it says that is illegal. I have been stopped by so many green pants and half of them have no idea what they are talking about. Alot of the stuff they say is illegal is just something they have never seen before so it must be illegal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts