BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last night and missed everything. Thought it was the gloves, first time using them. Shot without them and same thing. Took my time and aimed at some weeds on the bottom and was off to the left about 8" and plaining up also.
Could not find anything wrong so I switched bows. Shots were right on. Checked it out in the daytime and everything looked good. However, one of my barbs was bent and twisted so bad it was on top of another barb. Jean Davis 4 barb tip. Would that make it shoot that far off?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yes that could be the problem, or a bent shaft or bow is out of tune. I would take the arrow off the other bow and put it on the bow that was not shooting right to eliminate the bow first.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have found that bent barbs don't affect arrow flight to much if your bow is in tune if it isn't it could be magnifying your tuning issues

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have shot a few points similar to the penetrator and after hitting enough rocks the tip gets bent and that will throw the arrow way off if im shooting in 2ft of water or less

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A bent point/barb can cause a little planing but it would not be the same direction each shot. Arrows rotate an uncertain amount between the bow and water, or at least mine do. If it is the same each shot, that is the shape/orientation of the arrow when it hits the water. That is the bow/arrow/clean release.

Maybe the rest got bumped? The 8" to the left part (at 10 feet?) is weird.

I know I can be shooting my oneida dead on, but then if I switch to my recurve for a trip, I can be shooting 8" high when I use my oneida again. That is the target picture I see with no sights to line up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts