BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know for sure if we are going back to Memphis, or Springfield next year ?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be great if we go back to Memphis, to at least let us go after the Captains meeting. Most of our time was spent driving to and from our fishing spot. I have tried to get some info from Mike Webb, but I think they have a whole lot more Tournaments than us. We placed 10th, and 1 fish that we lost would have put us in 4th, having said all that , we would rather go back to the format in Springfield, knowing what we know now, and which lake we would spend all our time scouting. Anyway it goes, we'll be back.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I think they need to rotate the tourney around the country. Hold it at various Bass Pro locations if you must, but just pick a different one each year, and keep it trailering anywhere.

BTW I'm not a huge fan of holding it at the actual store location. It SUCKED in Springfield, and it SUPREMELY SUCKED in Memphis. They didn't even have police holding the lights for us. I'd like to see it in a more rural setting.

I noticed for the first year the field wasn't completely full, and I'm guessing that had sumptin to do with it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a lotta guys stayed home because no buffs or gar ?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dawg, do you mean ? wouldn't mind that, we won the International shoot there in the late 70's, put on by Pearson Archery. I think there was bout 280 teams, but not many fish were shot . If it is mead, they better hope it gets some water in it, nothin but commons there

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Im thinkin he means drugs, strippers, hookers, gambling, partying, strippers and hookers. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I liked it in Memphis, but Im also from 20 minutes South of there. So it was way cheaper for me than some of yall I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I would think a all common with a stripper Kicker would be fun... I just want to go to Vegas for a bowfishing shoot... should be plenty of things to do for guys...;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd prefer is be somewhere other than Springfield. Our lakes need a bit of a break, or at least open up LOZ and Grand.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If I get a residency in Memphis and the Open isn't there I'm gonna be pissed...selfish of course...just saying :p

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I think they need to rotate the tourney around the country. Hold it at various Bass Pro locations if you must, but just pick a different one each year, and keep it trailering anywhere.

BTW I'm not a huge fan of holding it at the actual store location. It SUCKED in Springfield, and it SUPREMELY SUCKED in Memphis. They didn't even have police holding the lights for us. I'd like to see it in a more rural setting.

I noticed for the first year the field wasn't completely full, and I'm guessing that had sumptin to do with it.
I couldn't imagine 300 teams of you guys coming to the Manteca california location in my neck of the woods. That would be chaos.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thats what I thought about all those trucks and boats rolling through down Memphis. I'm just glad the Black Lives Matter protest that blocked the entire I40 bridge that Sunday after the weigh in started after most of y'all were gone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts