BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into LED's What do I need to consider if I want to use batteries as the power source?
How many Batteries will I need? (I am guessing this depends on size of LED's) but is there some type of standard or formula that says X size LED's will last X hours?
As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit clueless!
Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yes there is but I dont know it, im sure someone will chine in soon. But I did buy a boat that had 12v leds on it and I Hated it. Always having to charge batteries couldnt fish two nights in a row. Alot of weight and space taken up in the boat, I had 4 blue top optimas and was lucky to get 5 hours of runtime out of them before they started getting dim.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I have run 12v and 24v The 24 volt system is better in every way. When shopping batteries look for the reserve capacity. Larger batteries have more capacity and are heaver. group 27 deep cycle are a nice balance for most. I personal use group 31 AGM batteries. I have only 2 or 3 lights per circuit.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I run 12 27w LEDs and I get about 4-4 1/2 hours out of a deep cycle battery anymore light you're not going to have much run time without having a ton of weight in the boat because you still have to add in troller batteries

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Run 10 50w leds off 4 group 31 batteries in 12v. Plus they feed interior lights, nav lights, my stereo, and 3 actuators in my kicker and usually get 10 hours before I notice the batteries getting low

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm a flounder guy so my needs may differ some but I run my lights off a 24v bank of Trojan T-125's. I have a stealth 40A onboard charger that steps up the voltage from an alternator or shore power charger to 24V to keep that bank charged. If the outboard is not keeping up after a long night, I have a Yamaha EF2400 & a 70A RV convertor that can. I've seen that bank begin to dim after a night of alligator hunting from dusk to dawn when we didn't run the outboard much but that was before I installed the RV converter and bought the generator.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
We run 10 12v 30w leds with a honda 2000 and a pm33 converter, we tried just running batteries but never could fish long enough with the just the batteries to make it worth the several hours driving/gas/no sleep for 2-3 hours of shooting before lights started getting dim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts