BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best deep cycle battery brands to run in parallel for the lights?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two sets. 4 50 watt Led Flood warm white, and another 14 27watt LED bright white. I can use either or for them. What are some good batteries for them to last about 4-6 hrs?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I would suggest running a pair of 95 amp hour batteries (24v) which would be 31 group series… I like Interstate Batteries the best.

Math lesson….
4 X 50w = 200w / 24v = 8.3amps
95amp hours / 8.3amps = 11.4hrs runtime

14 X 27w = 378w / 24v = 15.75amps
95amp hours / 15.75amps = 6hrs runtime

Or if you want to run all your lights together then…

95amp hours / 24.05amps (8.3 + 15.75) = 3.9hrs runtime

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You Jason. I got some deep cycle 95 amp hour batteries on sale from Advanced Auto Parts. Paid $190 for two so $95 a pop only. Got $50 off for a promo they were running. Should be on the water once the weather clears up. Been raining for three weeks straight and no good weather in sight this week. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know it sounds nice to save money and it's hard to justify the more expensive batteries, but if you buy inexpensive lead acid batteries it will cost you more in the long run.

Running everything off the convertors maybe it won't matter. My Minn Kota service fella blamed bad batteries for frying my troller board 3 times in about 8 outings. He claimed the converters didn't deliver consistent enough voltage for the 36v system with the bad batteries in line. I know there are hundreds of pro convertor guys on here that will disagree with him, however when I replaced my batteries I quit frying boards so there was some link there.

With inexpensive lead acid I was never able to get more than 1 or maybe part of a second season out of them. With Interstate or Optimas I was able to get 3-5 years in most cases. I am on my second set of AGM batteries. I got 11 years out of my last set and am on year 6 of my second set so if you do the math it seems to be less expensive in the long run. I have heard just as good of results with Gel batteries. I don't know anyone that has run the lithiums for more than 2 years to get a good report on them yet but they would have to last for ever to justify the current cost.

Anyways I guess I'm just trying to say that saving money is a very relative statement.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That is good information, but emca's situation is slightly different... Also I have no doubt that buying AMG's over lead is the better option especially when running converters with troller. The sudden change of amp draw definitely effects the life of the batteries. With lights, in a normal setting, it is usually a constant unchanging amp draw.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts