BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting the Matthews Sportsman bow. Which I really like because it has no let off and still is a really good bow. I am curious of some other good options as I am trying to pic up a couple more bows for guest/extra bows to have in the boat. Also I use a reel mounted seat and muzzy bowfishing reel on the bow. If anyone has any suggestions of other bows to use would be appreciated.

·
Officer Farva
3,174 Posts
Brother you just opened a can of worms with that question lol. I love my Oneida Osprey and many others do also but some hate em. Most of the bows that are made for bowfishing are good bows. My best advise is to shoot a few and see what feels good to you.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Brother you just opened a can of worms with that question lol. I love my Oneida Osprey and many others do also but some hate em. Most of the bows that are made for bowfishing are good bows. My best advise is to shoot a few and see what feels good to you.
Oneida Ospreys are great bows!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree with Vinnie. It is all about personal preference, i shoot a Micro Midas and love it. I am sure there are better bows out there but I have yet to shoot one that I like more. Another thing is how much you want to spend on a bow. That can range from 50 or so for a used one to 750 or more for some of the higher end bows. Good Luck finding one.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What ever feels good to ya!!!theres alot of bows out there to choose from.

·
Mr. Bandage
5,115 Posts
i love my bow.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
get some recurves for backup if u letting people just shoot them...shoot off self so no rest to buy and they r cheaper if u look around

·
Custom Wrist Slings
552 Posts
Oneidas all the way for me but going to test the new alpine mako this year as a back up lol never know my Oneida might come my backup haha

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
Oneidas all the way for me but going to test the new alpine mako this year as a back up lol never know my Oneida might come my backup haha
I used my oneida for a backup also. One sackwhacking episode and I laid that sucker on the ground and backed over it- slowly-several times.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I used my oneida for a backup also. One sackwhacking episode and I laid that sucker on the ground and backed over it- slowly-several times.
lmao this is what has stopped me from getting a used one...the price is what stops me from getting a new one

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
lmao this is what has stopped me from getting a used one...the price is what stops me from getting a new one
No joke. I use a bow for fishing and making the eight ball on the break don't fit in to that scenario anywhere. I think for most people that buy them it's more about impressing the natives than bowfishing- I'm not impressed.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
I have been shooting the Matthews Sportsman bow. Which I really like because it has no let off and still is a really good bow. I am curious of some other good options as I am trying to pic up a couple more bows for guest/extra bows to have in the boat. Also I use a reel mounted seat and muzzy bowfishing reel on the bow. If anyone has any suggestions of other bows to use would be appreciated.
We use the Discoveries for loaner bows. Light, inexpensive and plenty of punch for anything that swims.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the good input. I had tried several bows in the past just never found one I like as well as the Matthews. I dont care who makes the bow long as its slayin some fish. Might have to try an oneida never shot one before. Always been a Matthews guy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i shoot an osprey but also have a mission menace, pretty sweet bow,, but i like both

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you are getting bows for other shooters get a recurve. unless you are good at fixing stuff. I have NEVER blown up a bow or wrecked as much crap as my "buddies" who get out with me a few times a year. I am only lettin new shooters use the two recurves I have. a lot less crap to break and they are cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts