BowFishing Country banner

best lights!?!?!?!?!

805 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  platform pirate 
#1 ·
Ok I'm looking to relight my boat I'm geting into tournaments and thinking about guiding there are tons of different ways I could go I just want to know what you guys think is the best way to go I have a 2400 gene what should I do hps led or.......

Thanks for the help

#7 ·
400 watt hps are heavy, but if you get a ballast box and put the weight in the center of the boat it carries the weight pretty easy. nothing great about metal halide bulbs, but they are cool in clear water becasue you can see the colors of the fish. If you run HPS everything looks kind of yellow, but they are good for clear water or muddy water

#8 ·
Call The Big Tomato and pick up 4-400 alumitek ballasts. Adjustable with different setting. one ballast can run 250HPS, 400HPs, 400HPS Super Lumens.. and great customer service with a warranty. If you call them and ask for the Bowfishing country discount they will be cheaper than about anywhere else youll find.

And heres how we build the boxs. ;)

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forum...ld-***LOTS-OF-PICS***&highlight=ballast+build

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.