BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Opnions. Let's here your thoughts ,Opnions & experiences.

TIA

Tim

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mission menace. 5 to 52 pounds 17to 30 inch draw lengths. Long enough axle to axle that u don't get finger pinch. Plus they are super easy to work on

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Depends on the size of the youth? It's hard to beat the Diamond Atomic for little bitty kids. For the bigger kids, there is a large selection. My daughter bowfishes with her old Atomic, and shoots a Bear Apprentice in target/youth leagues. Like Djbmmb said, the Menace is a good choice.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys! Got one thats 8 & 7.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
My girlfriend uses a Browning micro midas. It's considered a youth bow. It will crank way down. It rocks fish.
My son started with the Browning micro aderenaline was a good lil bow, pretty much any of the super adjustable draw length (15"-30") and draw weight (10#-50#) range bows will work, get something you can adjust and can grow into but no matter which bow, the biggest issue is their short draw length and not enough power stroke to get an arrow moving fast enough to stick anything at lower poundage draw weight. Set at low weight we can stick fish with 28" or longer draw but at 16"-18" that lil ones draw it just isn't there....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just bought my two boys a Bear Cruzer Lite. It took the place of a Apprentice. We have been shooting it for a month now. Pretty dang good bow and it will grow with them. It has the most adjustability of the new bows.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Diamond Atomic is definitely a good bow for kids under 7. Light and easy shooting. No power behind the arrows to use it for shooting fish or anything though. I picked up a Bear Apprentice and that packs a much bigger punch. Much heavier though too. My 7 year old has a tough time shooting very many arrows compared to the Diamond.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Mission menace both my girls and wife shoot them. Very versatile and my daughters started when they where 7 and 8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts