BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot the bigget deer of my life this past weekend, I was sleeping in my stand and my ear started hurting so i looked to my left and saw a doe running toward, weird I know. I watched her for a minute and she acted like something was chasing her but nothing ever came so i shot her. My dad calls me like 2 minutes later and ask if I had seen anything and i told him that i had just shot a doe, he told me to what a little while before i got down to see if something was behind her, before I even got off the phone this huge buck jumped out of the bushes and started running straight at me. "BIG DEER BIG DEER, I got to go", i got really excited and missed twice, as the deer ran in the bushes i could no longer see it so I called my dad right back and said," I just missed the biggest deer of my life" I was whinning and buuhuuing and almost in tears and while i was on the phone with him this buck came right back in the food plot, I didn't even tell dad bye i just threw the phone down the tree stand and shot the buck twice and it flipped over on the last shot and got its antlers stuck in some mud. I climbed down out of the stand and found my phone and my dad was calling. " What is going on down there" he says. I responded,"I got him I got him, he's huge o my gosh he huge, you got to come see this yesssss siiirrrr. I was screaming, I was freakin out.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
I love how you included the weiner dog in the pics. I have one myself, but she has never made it out in the field with me. Nice deer, by the way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love how you included the weiner dog in the pics. I have one myself, but she has never made it out in the field with me. Nice deer, by the way.

our dog tracks the deer after we shoot them, they are very good tracking dogs. "Pennie" has tracked several of our deer, she didn't have to track this one but we started from where this buck came out and let her smell, or wind him and find him herself to give her the idea that she found it

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
really nice buck!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, especially when he is running right at you and he is bigger than anything you have ever killed.....I don't know why i didn't wait for him to get right on top of me

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
NICE BUCK! CONGRATS

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Congrats on a great buck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts