BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i built a sexy stick, and bought a bigfoot switch, our first tournament and it gave out , not many hours on it ,I would guess about 20 to 30 at the most . I could feel it getting hot and finally it gave up. we drifted the next two hours of the tournament on saturday, Got home and pulled it apart. for those of you who have dissected one you'll know what i mean , the little bell that makes contact with the two connections under the rubber button was for lack of a better word arced. It actually looked like a carbon build up on it, So i cleaned it off with a wire brush and woohoo it worked again until about two hours in on today's shoot ---- It gave up again.When we got home i opened it up again and found the little bell would no longer make contact with the two connections.Why would this thing wear out so quickly? I wired it on the negative side of the troller so there should not be that much amperage running through it . Any suggestions on a better product to do the same job? Im thinking a 50 Amp battery disconnect switch or sompthing along those lines.Ideas??? thanks , Jerry .

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
How did u have it wired? Ive used mine for years without fail... Should have it hooked up through the Negative cable

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I have used one for 14 years and finally had to change it last year.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I had one go out also... I contacted the manufacturer and come to find out they had a 30 amp and a 60 amp model... mine also had a melt down... after I got the right one it has been great... I just built a new stick steer a few months ago and used a TH Marine Sure foot switch on this go around and all has been well... I made my sticks removable for travel so i used Anderson connectors for my bigfoot switch so if the switch ever fails I have a Anderson with a looped end in my tool box to get me up and running and not waste time at a shoot working on the switch...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see two diff models Ill have to check into that I also used Anderson connector so i can remove for travel Ill check into the TH marine sw. thanks for the heads up. And yes it was wired to the ground side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts